Laos evisa v voa

I'll be flying ito vientiane airport end of next week. Just trying to decide if it's worth getting an evisa.

Basically its $50 as opposed to £30 for voa, and I'll have to get passport + pic scanned and uploaded.

What's the wait time for voa at the airport?

Edited by mockingbird

21 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

What's the wait time for voa at the airport?

Once they open the desk it’s usually pretty quick. I always got to the desk as quickly as I could to be near the front of the queue, and don’t remember it being more than about 20 mins. 

I guess it depends on how many passengers need a VOA and where you are in the queue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Lao visa on arrival has almost never taken me more than 30 minutes anywhere, and it is usually quicker. The only exception was once entering via the Friendship Bridge 2 at Savannakhet where the visa on arrival window did not open until almost an hour after my arrival. I have never used the evisa system (which is still pretty new) and would likely only do so if I had neglected to renew my passport and was worried about it becoming full.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just love their arrival form! I always have to restrain myself from writing "Yes please" in the box marked 'Sex'. And you can put 'visits' as purpose of visit!

There used to be a 2nd form to fill in? Or have they scrapped that one?

The evisa is easy and helps with not using passport pages with loas visas, there is a seperate que at the airport for evisa holders. Its quick. They just scan the evisa barcode and stamp you in. Id rather pay the extra money to save passport space.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimmjam said:

The evisa is easy and helps with not using passport pages with loas visas, there is a seperate que at the airport for evisa holders. Its quick. They just scan the evisa barcode and stamp you in. Id rather pay the extra money to save passport space.

Thanks for the first hand report. I don't recall a report of anybody using one yet.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never seen or heard of a 2nd form. Been a long time though since I applied for a Lao VOA.

It must be the Laos 'arrival/departure' card; (TM6?) that I am thinking of Joe. It was/is virtually identical to the VOA form in the info. that it required.