Forest Department to sue Pareena for encroachment

webfact

Forest Department to sue Pareena for encroachment

By THE NATION

800_bb5eb1d31d1972d.jpg?v=1574644129

Attapol Charoenchansa, director-general of Royal Forest Department (RFD) said on Sunday (November 24) that an inspection of 1,700 rai of land in Rangbua subdistrict, Jombeung district of Ratchaburi province owned by Ratchaburi MP Pareena Kraikup of the Phalang Pracharath Party had revealed 30 rai of land was in fact in the national reserve forest on left bank of Phachi River under the National Reserved Forest Act of 1964, and 16 rai encroached on forest land under Forest Act of 1941.

640_6k5agbfd8aaakgejfbhe7.jpg.png

Attapol Charoenchansa

Former member of the dissolved Thai Raksa Chart Party, Ruangkrai Leekitwattana reported earlier this month that the land, mainly dedicated to chicken farming, was partially encroaching on protected national woodland.

Attapol said he has now assigned officials to press charges against the owner of said land for violation of National Reserved Forest Act of 1964 and Forest Act of 1941. He also added that there will be no special treatment even although the owner is a local politician. “Trespassers on national reserve forest will be liable to maximum 20 years of jail time and/or maximum fine of Bt2 million,” he said.

640_bb76hehbahj5dgahc5ibb.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378707

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-25
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

was partially encroaching on protected national woodland.

I don't doubt that she was, one thing you can count on, she wouldn't have been the only one. It's like a game here, I watch you extend your boundary, see if you get caught before I extend mine. My neighbors are experts.

• Like 1