Pattaya video: Russian tourists see the wild side of Thailand at first hand

webfact

Pattaya video: Russian tourists see the wild side of Thailand at first hand

9pm.jpg

Thai caption: threatened with a gun in the city

A minivan load of Russian tourists looked on as a car driver pulled a gun on their driver during a road rage incident in broad daylight in Jomtien. 

A viral clip showed the driver of a Toyota Vios waving a gun at the driver of the minivan on Sai 2 Road heading to the beach near the Hanuman intersection. 

A witness told 77kaoded that there had been some weaving in and out on the road and the drivers had got out to argue. 

After a while the Vios driver went back to his car and retrieved a gun and started threatening the minivan driver with it. He said that the minivan driver looked impassive as the Russian tourists in the van and many locals looked on. 

It went on for some time and happened on Saturday morning. 

Pattaya police said they had seen the clip and are investigating. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-25

This arguing is not getting me where I want to be, so just hang on a second while I retrieve my gun, then you can back down.

Perhaps this is Thai common sense at winning an argument, at it's best, bring out the EGO, bang, bang, sorted, I won !

going back to my condo beach road JOMTIEN sat night, i was last on the bus, driver tapped the window told me to get out (300 yards from my condo) so i did and kept on walking, (no pay) he peeped his horn and waved a knife at me , lol funny thing is, then he drove off right past my condo, 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe some of our American members can tell us: With so many weapons in the USA do incidents like above happen in the USA all the time?

It's not my intention to point a finger at the Americans but I guess it's interesting to know how people act when gun ownership is "normal".

No this is not an all the time occurrence.  I have heard of two incidences but this was a car theft or kidnapping.  I have been here for 10 years but go to the US every year to visit my doctors.  Do not hear of this or see it.  By the way I lived un the US for 70 years.  

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Just making the Russians feel homesick all part of the world class ambiance ????

Yep, that’s about right .  I heard gunfire almost every night in Moscow  while i was trying to sleep.  For those of you that know Moscow, is was near Metro Perova 

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

going back to my condo beach road JOMTIEN sat night, i was last on the bus, driver tapped the window told me to get out (300 yards from my condo) so i did and kept on walking, (no pay) he peeped his horn and waved a knife at me , lol funny thing is, then he drove off right past my condo, 

wow...the place is full of "brain dead" people, its quite scary, but maybe a reminder,NOT  to challenge these nutters.

i live at cosy beach, but havent experienced any similar aggression.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

What 'bus' ?

16 hours ago, 30la said:

This is one of the many bad realities that exist in the 1st class family resort !!!
Pattaya is on the right track ...

Do you believe there are fewer weapons carried by drivers in say Bangkok than Pattaya, because I somehow doubt it? Apparently commonplace in commercial vehicles, mini-bus, taxi, truck etc. Wherever there is congestion, road rage is likely, tied in with the Thai 'ego' and male mental immaturity  I think it more-so. 

Archived