copy of passport drivers licence

parafareno

can i carry a copy of passport with me? or a real thing?

If I go to beach i am afraid somebody can steal it from me

what about drivers licence, the internation one...can i use a copy and do I need to bring also driverslicence from my country and also international licence or only international..

Carry a copy of PP and the TM6/ Entry stamp if it makes you feel better. I have lived here a long time and never needed the original on the beach! Driving licence, they stop westerners frequently, so you need the original from home and original International. Usually locked under motorcycle seat. Strictly speaking the International one is not valid unless accompanied by the home country original. 

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Carry a copy of PP and the TM6/ Entry stamp if it makes you feel better. I have lived here a long time and never needed the original on the beach! Driving licence, they stop westerners frequently, so you need the original from home and original International. Usually locked under motorcycle seat. Strictly speaking the International one is not valid unless accompanied by the home country original. 

Strictly speaking again.....even then, having both, will only be legal for three months after arrival. How would they know.....powers of observation.

No, no, you come long time. License no good, Thai license must have. BTW, this for license no have. Bht 500 you pay him. (finger point) Smile and take your receipt.

2 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Strictly speaking again.....even then, having both, will only be legal for three months after arrival. How would they know.....powers of observation.

No, no, you come long time. License no good, Thai license must have. BTW, this for license no have. Bht 500 you pay him. (finger point) Smile and take your receipt.

Ranbling nonsense

2 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

And then you have an accident. And the insurance rep shows and says 'No, no, you come long time. License no good, Thai license must have'. Good luck buddy!

27 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

And then you have an accident. And the insurance rep shows and says 'No, no, you come long time. License no good, Thai license must have'. Good luck buddy!

And you've obviously missed the three points of the post......(1) An IDP with home country license is invalid after three months. (2) Thai coppers aren't stupid and will book you for going over the three months. (3) Go get a Thai license. No luck needed bloke!

5 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

And you've obviously missed the three points of the post......(1) An IDP with home country license is invalid after three months. (2) Thai coppers aren't stupid and will book you for going over the three months. (3) Go get a Thai license. No luck needed bloke!

Thanks for the lecture, but that was exactly my point!

Archived