New photos vs old: comparisons show dramatic Swiss glacier retreat

webfact

9 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

You clearly haven't watch the video I cited, which among other things, contains criticism of NASA by some of the "educated scientists" to whom you refer.

Did you ever wonder about the source of your video?  

It is posted by a Tony Heller who has a few Climate denying videos  on his feed and nothing else, Strange that he has no other interests.

Upon further investigation it turns out that is not his real name either, His name is Steven Goddard who is not a climate scientist, but he does have a Bachelor's degree in geology and as such does qualify to teach English in Thailand, 

Google is your friend.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Did you ever wonder about the source of your video?  

It is posted by a Tony Heller who has a few Climate denying videos  on his feed and nothing else, Strange that he has no other interests.

Upon further investigation it turns out that is not his real name either, His name is Steven Goddard who is not a climate scientist, but he does have a Bachelor's degree in geology and as such does qualify to teach English in Thailand, 

Google is your friend.

How disappointing. For a moment there I thought you were going to tell us Tony's real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon! 

One doesn't need to be a climate scientist to compare climate change propaganda with the reality of the raw data, which is what Heller - a former global warming enthusiast turned sceptic - does consistently well.

The NASA material in the video is as full of holes as a collander. If you disagree, play the ball instead of the man by telling us what he's got wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

One doesn't need to be a climate scientist to compare climate change propaganda with the reality of the raw data, which is what Heller - a former global warming enthusiast turned sceptic - does consistently well.

If I take anyone's opinion on the subject it would be a professional's  on the subject rather than an amature, but you go ahead, next time you have a plumbing problem call a baker or perhaps a candlestick maker.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

How disappointing. For a moment there I thought you were going to tell us Tony's real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon! 

The NASA material in the video is as full of holes as a collander. If you disagree, play the ball instead of the man by telling us what he's got wrong.

Don't you know? Only the the people who accept the narrative are allowed to comment on the narrative. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

This is becoming tedious. Heller is a painstaking climate researcher of many years' experience, so your plumbing analogy doesn't hold water.

I repeat, rather than simply snipe at the messenger, either identify factual flaws in his video message - or it's over and out.

, I dont have the time to watch and analyse every crackpot video or post. I am sure if there was any validity on his claim ,whatever his name is,it would had being investigated by the appropriate professionals. Or pick up a point he makes that you find credible and present it with credible links or supporting evidence.   

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:58 PM, sirineou said:

Two points about that statement 

First: Do you realise how childish it is?? "But mom they are doing it too" .

Second :  using the above logic no one will do nothing about the problem, because Asia would also say the same. "why should we do anything while the US will be carrying on polluting and having a good time" 

Someone has to take the lead and when the rest see how well it is working out for them the rest will join" 

and even if they did not join, will you rather "cut your nose off to spite your face"

Seriously?

I've always said I'd like to see an end to pollution, clean oceans, less people, save old growth forests, stop killing the Orangutans so western women can have soap, etc.

However, given the west is doing nothing that would actually change climate, I fail to see how the "rest" will see how anything is working out.

Electric cars are all about making car companies rich and will probably never replace most petrol/ diesel vehicles on the planet. Unless they discover a different way of storing electricity, there isn't enough raw material to make all those batteries. Given almost everything  is made of oil now, if it's not being used for fuel it's going to be more expensive, a great deal more expensive.

Wind mills kill birds and there is apparently a problem with the blades not lasting.

So, what's left- ah, good old taxes. Welcome to poverty.

Glaciers have been melting since the last ice age. They'll continue to melt but at an increasing rate. Ever watch an ice cube on the hot pavement? At first it melts a little and it's fairly slow for the first 20% or so mass loss, but the melting curve goes up with the loss of mass till it's really quick at the end even without  a change in ambient temperature. Now if the temperature goes don't quickly the rate will slow or if it gets to freezing it'll add to it's mass by the melt joining it again although it won't gain upward mass as it'll just be a fringe around the bottom. Temperatures have been changing on the planet for billions of years and the cycles won't stop with governments robbing our pockets for their own use. Now if you wanna talk about trash and what it's doing, I'm behind ya but man caused global warming, naw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

However, given the west is doing nothing that would actually change climate, I fail to see how the "rest" will see how anything is working out.

It is indeed the above myopic view that has your side trapped in legacy industries trying desperately to support the horse and buggy industry like industry.   

Of course that the US would be doing nothing that would actually change the climate is arguable, but putting that aside,  the  effect of cutting CO2  on global warming is not the only result other might view and join as .

They might see that even though in itself it did not reduce global warming, it did not implode the economy as the republican pollyannas predicted and that it had  the opposite effect where it actually provided a boost in the economy ,in addition to the sky not having fallen in, they might  see our clear skies while they are choking in pollution and cant see across the street in their cities.

So no my friend , they might not only need to see actual climate change to join as. 

• Like 1

I think the biggest problem is that the climate hysterics are seeing everything in the very short term. Which, ironically, is the definition of weather and not climate.  

Until someone can tell me how big the glaciers are SUPPOSED to be, and what the Earth's temperature is SUPPOSED to be, I will be on the side if the climate realists.  Of course the climate is changing, we may as well get used to it. Plus, it's good news for my country (Canada)- we can finally grow our own oranges!

• Like 1