Waterproofing tape, nonexistent in bangkok?

Polarizing

I have been googling for a few days, asked people from thai watsadu and no one know about it. I am looking for waterproofing tape, so I can seal the corners of my bathroom and maybe some other places in my condo where water slips through. The only product I could find is sika sealtape, but I cannot imagine they are the only one selling this product. It looked somehow expensive for around 1k, so I guess it was import.

Does someone know of any other brand selling this? Or is brandless equivalent fine and should I use aliexpress (please tell me the keyword to search for if it is). Or is sikaseal tape expensive but really good? Would love to hear your opinions

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Would Silicone sealer not be better suited for sealing

any gaps,in your bathroom.easy to buy and use and

not expensive and will give a better seal than tape.

regards worgeordie

As far as I know, it is used to tape before tiling or any cast flooring in case any water slips through. Silicone is used after everything is finished? 

Flashing tape is not yet known about for waterproofing in Thailand, it's lucky you found any. Sika is a very good brand, hard to go wrong with anything they sell. I'd pay extra for it. If you want lots of other options look at Amazon as well.

Archived