Kids busted in mass truancy after 25 baht movie offer

webfact

There must be a lot of disappointed kids out there thanks to this ill-judged stunt. My daughter and her classmates were told the cut-price offer applied to a screening of Frozen 2 just around the corner from their school.

My wife made a round trip of some 50 kilometers to pick the girls up and share the fun. But they arrived to find the cinema bursting at the seams and all the cheap tickets gone. . . frozen out, I suppose you could say.

Our little girl arrived home close to tears, and I'm not exactly chuffed at the prospect of having to pay full price for us to go and watch Elsa & co in action - assuming, that is, we can even get in!

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

There must be a lot of disappointed kids out there thanks to this ill-judged stunt. My daughter and her classmates were told the cut-price offer applied to a screening of Frozen 2 just around the corner from their school.

My wife made a round trip of some 50 kilometers to pick the girls up and share the fun. But they arrived to find the cinema bursting at the seams and all the cheap tickets gone. . . frozen out, I suppose you could say.

Our little girl arrived home close to tears, and I'm not exactly chuffed at the prospect of having to pay full price for us to go and watch Elsa & co in action - assuming, that is, we can even get in!

It'll be on a torrent next week!

There's a cam version already there.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The movies seat prices are just ridiculous here

and most of the thai people can not afford it.

Then you have movies playing for empty theaters, What a waste.

It should be a massive reduced price for the youngers and

the olders people (With specifics days and hours, still full price

on the week end evening for example) and everybody will be happy.

• Like 1

Why did nobody tell me about the 25 baht deal for movies on the 25th (yesterday)? Wasn't even on one of the ThaiVisa news articles on this forum ???? I would've gone to take advantage of the tickets. I'm so sad I'm gonna cry...lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I completely agree with you. I am surprised the movie chains have not reduced prices as I'm sure they'd make more money. This economic principle seems to elude many in Thailand. 

Rooster

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Why should there be discounts for the older people? How about make it fair and charge all people by their income level. If you're poor you get cheap tickets. If your rich you pay $100 a ticket. Doesn't matter if you're old as there are lots of old rich folks.

• Haha 1

No different to any week school day then, maybe a few more, usually they are all in uniform from 11am on wards. Cineplex has 60 baht tickets for the over 60's every Tuesday with a generation card, foreigners included. Student card gets them in for 120 baht. Problem is few films worth seeing these days.

Edited by Orton Rd

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Just reduce the price across all 7 days and get 100% occupancy

3 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

reduced prices as I'm sure they'd make more money. This economic principle seems to elude many in Thailand.

No kidding. Many buildings out here in Issan just sit and rot away, rather than reduce their rent for new small businesses. Some of them are prime real estate near schools, some are huge complexes. I once asked someone what the deal was, and they said "Oh, the owner already rich, he not care anymore." Perhaps there is some tax benefit to doing so, or perhaps just the face saving of not budging on price.