Thai on the verge of collapse?

What a load of cr*p the article in the OP is!

Thai Airways is suffering for the same reason Cathay Pacific issued two profit warnings recently, the Bangkok/Hong Kong route is an extremely busy and lucrative route, recent events have disrupted traffic on that route hence revenue is way down.

2 minutes ago, saengd said:

Thai Airways is suffering for the same reason Cathay Pacific issued two profit warnings recently, the Bangkok/Hong Kong route is an extremely busy and lucrative route, recent events have disrupted traffic on that route hence revenue is way down.

TG have been in trouble for years.  The HK route doesn't help matters but isn't the sole reason for their demise.  

5 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

TG have been in trouble for years.  The HK route doesn't help matters but isn't the sole reason for their demise.  

Agreed, but there again neither is any of the four reasons stated in the article in the OP.

Good article. His four points are certainly  a big part of the problem. However he could go farther in explaining them. You get the idea he knows but also knows he cannot say. 

I have not flown them since 2014. That flight was not bad, something above mediocre, still the expected problems with their flight service staff. Some were dreadfully overworked, others not doing anything except actively avoiding you (!). No real reason to take them again. Still I would like to see them make it. That said it requires a structural change and I do not believe the airline is capable of that. 

On 11/27/2019 at 5:26 PM, torturedsole said:

The Thai lounges at Swampy are a reflection of the company itself.  They're <deleted> and crowded.  I'd much rather sit in the EVA lounge.  

So I guess that you have not used the recently opened lounge.

18 minutes ago, rimmae2 said:

So I guess that you have not used the recently opened lounge.

The last time we went to the Thai lounges at Swampy was about two years ago but we've given up with Thai so no requirement to go there anymore.  If we do fly with Star Alliance partners then it's the EVA lounge as it's more than adequate for our needs.  

Archived