Anybody going to the Wonderfruit Festival Siam Country Club ?

beautifulthailand99

Not for everyone's tastes or pockets obviously - but this looks to be something very interesting. I go to a lot of festivals in the Uk and the price is in keeping with having international artists and a cool vibe and installations. Plus this could be the seeds of a new Pattaya - let's get the digital nomads away from smoke choking Chiang Mai and bring  their youthful vitality to here. Will make a change from the Russians/Chinese/ beer soaked s(expats) and tourists. Lots of stunningly beautiful women there as well ! Me and the missus like to party and you can get a Grab or a shuttle bus to Pattaya so  we get to stay in out own bed every night.  Obviously a bit 'wanky' but that's young happy people for you ! 

Image result for wonderfruit"Image result for wonderfruit"

22 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The counter cultural festival scene in UK revolves around dope, E and coke. There is no room for such freedom in Thailand. The best festivals I have been to here are the Thai pop festivals with plenty of Morlam sing.

Loads of Morlam here - check out the performers

https://wonderfruit.co/activity/

https://wonderfruit.co/experience-molam-bus/

11 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

no dope no festival ! i have been there, it looked like a Thai scam. I wonder what they are doing with all the money that they steal from idiots who pay these fees...

When I was younger I would probably agree with you - but the line up is pretty damn good (if somewhat DJ focused) for Thailand and the environment looks pretty good for what is a growing Thai festival. And your scam comment it isn't Fyre Festival it's been going for 5 years now. Ok it's pretty much UK prices for the ticket but you can stay off site and shuttle for not big bucks. So given the warm weather , lack of mud and something a bit different from the usual fare I wish it well and will probably get a weekend ticket. If you can't stomach hippy/trippy and lots of happy young people then I can totally see why it would not be for you. The prices for a luxury experience are off the scale though. The camp Kerala experience is a staggeringly eye-watering £10,000 for 2 people, no moaning over happy hour 59 baht bottles here ! The 30k - 50k accommodation options have sold out !

https://wonderfruit.co/accommodations/?gclid=CjwKCAiA_f3uBRAmEiwAzPuaMy0AhlsAhtzNSnLp9ZrTWuS_3BcNRwvaS-W0OvGzEAgkGZo799iU5RoC-5gQAvD_BwE

Or the ultimate VIP Wonderfruit experience, let Camp Kerala take you to dream land; where your fully furnished air conditioned, Maharajan-style shikar tent awaits. Inside Camp Kerala, you’ll be swept off your feet by the fun and mesmeric atmosphere, while the Camp Kerala team will make you feel right at home. A 5-star concierge service will meet and greet. A full spa and pamper room will be on hand for all your makeup, hair and festival attire. Our restaurant and bar is something special, serving the best food and drink 24/7; our guests have eaten all over the world, and everyone says they've never had better. A tent service is on hand to deliver the full menu direct to your tent door, and anything else you'll require during your stay will be granted with a smile—nothing is too much trouble.

Sleeps 2 for 4 nights

Wifi, electricity ports & air conditioning

Access to luxury showers and toilets

24-hour tent service (similar to room service)

Access to CK Bar, restaurant, spa, chill out area and pamper room

Food and drinks included (not fine wines and champagnes)

Logistics in and around the festival area

Includes 2 Wonderfruit Full Passes

2 minutes ago, fhickson said:

lots of people here anything but a cheap beer becomes expensive.

i even get stared at when i wear a new pair of sneakers (not sandals) around here.

The sun is truly setting on the age of Cheap Charlie. And of course Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out......

7 hours ago, fhickson said:

lots of people here anything but a cheap beer becomes expensive.

i even get stared at when i wear a new pair of sneakers (not sandals) around here.

It's not surprising, they look like moon shoes with a pair of shorts and skinny legs!

I have been to 3 of the festivals and I like many of the folks who show up and I was disappointed in the food selections and the workshops were challenged by noise outside and some dis-organisation for presenters.   I will keep my heart and mind open for future festivals.

40 minutes ago, johnnysunshine said:

I have been to 3 of the festivals and I like many of the folks who show up and I was disappointed in the food selections and the workshops were challenged by noise outside and some dis-organisation for presenters.   I will keep my heart and mind open for future festivals.

Thanks for the feedback - I love good festivals (I'm a veteran recycler at Glastonbury and been a punter since 1995 and Stonehenge 82,82) so it would be great if Thailand could have something that moves in that direction. It looks to have some elements of the pie and of course guaranteed good weather (all UK festivals are at least 50% better just by not raining) so I think I'll give it a punt for the weekend. One of my beefs about living in Thailand, I don't and don't want , to is the cultural wasteland it so often is , so it would be churlish not to support something growing in my back yard for my overwinter stay. Something must have kept you going back !

My concerns are - cost , too many wanky punters and not enough good music with too many djs. Cost wise we will stay off site and have a big breakfast before coming and not bother with the gourmet dining whilst we are there. Plus it's always possible to bring a cheeky 500ml of gin in via various ruses to top up. From the videos and pics that I have seen there will be  a lot of punters 'on one' (not my thing anymore) but I have no problem with a load of E'd up young folk smiling away far better company than sozzled drunks any day. Makes for a very friendly crowd !

Archived