"Savage" Thai husband puts wife in headlock, covers her in gasoline and lights her - she is barely alive

webfact

"Savage" Thai husband puts wife in headlock, covers her in gasoline and lights her - she is barely alive

6pm.jpg

Thai caption: Love ended in being burned alive

A gruesome case from the north east of Thailand saw a rejected Thai man cover his wife in gasoline and set fire to her after putting her in a headlock. 

Maithong, 23, is barely alive in a hospital in Udon Thani. She has burns to almost 100% of her body and is in ICU in a coma. 

Husband Uthen, 26, was also burned but is out of danger. He is still recovering in the same hospital.

The couple had been together for 3 or 4 years, said police, but had broken up some months ago after repeated arguments. They have a one year old son together. 

The husband went to the wife's house after she refused a reconciliation. Police said there was no doubt about his intentions as he brought the gasoline with him.

The incident happened at a house in the village of Ban Pheung in Muang district of Nakhon Phanom on November 22nd, reported Sanook. They called the husband a savage in their headline. 

Yesterday women and children's rights activist Paveena Hongsakul went to visit the wife in hospital in Udon. Both her and her husband had been transferred there from a hospital in Nakhon Phanom. 

Relatives had complained to her after the case did not move forward. Police for their part said they are waiting on what happens to the wife before proceeding. 

Sanook went to the scene of the attack and spoke to an aunt of the wife named Sripraphai, 48 who lives nearby. 

She said that the husband and her niece had split up but he had tried many times to get back together with her. She was not interested in that. 

She said that Uthen arrived on a motorcycle and immediately threw down his helmet in a rage. He then got his wife in a headlock and doused her in gasoline and set fire to her. 

It all happened so quickly relatives could do nothing to stop it, she said. 

Instinctively the wife got up and ran on fire to the bathroom where relatives helped her extinguish the fire to her clothes. 

There were still bits of clothing and evidence of the fire at many spots in and around the house, reported Sanook. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-29
  • Sad 11

The only punishment fit for this scumbag is life in prison without parole.  At 26 years old, he'll quickly regret his actions and live a life of hell in Klong Prem, right up to his dying day; he'll still be getting-off light compared to what his wife has to look-forward to, should she live.

38 minutes ago, justin case said:

after what my ex did to me but specially my daughter, for years, behind my back, physical & mental torture, I can see how evil thai women can be... I start to feel nothing anymore when reading this ... maybe she deserved it, who knows after all

you should have been born in england circa 1530 when execution by burning was in effect.

was joan of arc not one such victim?

Edited by atyclb

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I cannot describe adequately what this animal deserves for such a cowardly vindictive attack.

An accidental overdose of morphine springs to mind... hopefully CCTV cameras were momentarily out of action in the ward at the time.