Super Poll shows Chim-Shop-Chai program boosted Government’s popularity

rooster59

Super Poll shows Chim-Shop-Chai program boosted Government’s popularity

Chim-Shop-Chai.jpg

Thanks to the Chim-Shop-Chai (Eat-Shop-Spend) stimulus package, the Government’s popularity has increased from 14.1% in October to 25.6% in November, according to Super Poll.

Super Poll Research Office director Noppadol Kannika said today that they conducted a random opinion survey between November 20th and 30th and interviewed 1,098 people in various occupations.

He said that government’s popularity following the March 24th general election fell steadily from 23.3% in April to 10.1% in July, 17.1% in September and 14.1% in October, prior to rebounding to 25.6% in November, mostly due to the Chim-Shop-Chai program.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/super-poll-shows-chim-shop-chai-program-boosted-governments-popularity/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-12-01

But they are still not very popular so how come so many people voted to keep them in power? Or did they, I still don't know how the seats ere allocated do you? The whole democracy process here seems to change as you go along to get the right outcome. The people got what they deserved maybe and hopefully the lesson will be learned for next time, maybe. life go on just not as well as it might or how you thought eh.

51 minutes ago, neeray said:

Popularity levels go up and down like a yoyo. I'd like "up" a lot more if it was a result of good governing rather than a "little" giveaway.

Let's see if after the shine of Chim-Shop-Chai wears off, just how far and how fast it will drop.

Yes it will be interesting to see what it looks like after the failing economy starts to bite as it is now with factories shutting, completely or partially, exports dropping and workers being laid off. 

Going from 14.1% to 25.6% only proves is popularity can be bought, like it was with the Thai Niyom cash splurge prior to the election.

Most of the Thias I speak with just laugh and snigger when I mention the name of the PM. They don't dare say anything negative because of fear.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, nong38 said:

But they are still not very popular so how come so many people voted to keep them in power? Or did they, I still don't know how the seats ere allocated do you? The whole democracy process here seems to change as you go along to get the right outcome. The people got what they deserved maybe and hopefully the lesson will be learned for next time, maybe. life go on just not as well as it might or how you thought eh.

"The whole democracy process here seems to change as you go along to get the right outcome"

The problem is, rigging an election to achieve the desired outcome is not a democratic process.

Buying votes, cheating, appointing biased senators, changing the rules etc is the only way this government was able to "win".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Most of the Thias I speak with just laugh and snigger when I mention the name of the PM. They don't dare say anything negative because of fear.

I fully understand this statement. I have my own sources and what I hear would not be music to the ears of this government.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said that government’s popularity following the March 24th general election fell steadily from 23.3% in April to 10.1% in July, 17.1% in September and 14.1% in October, prior to rebounding to 25.6% in November, mostly due to the Chim-Shop-Chai program.

Private consumption indicators expanded at a higher pace compared with the previous month but continued on a downward trend. This month, the private consumption indicators temporarily benefited from the government’s economic stimulus measures, boosting spending on non-durable goods and services. https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30378905

image.png.7a1577652f1ef1ee96692462b082a0a5.png

A fake stimulus from a fake economic policy.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, nong38 said:

The election result must be correct ... many soldiers were involved in the counting?

11 hours ago, neeray said:

"The whole democracy process here seems to change as you go along to get the right outcome"

The problem is, rigging an election to achieve the desired outcome is not a democratic process.

Buying votes, cheating, appointing biased senators, changing the rules etc is the only way this government was able to "win".

You may say that I could not possibly comment.