TM30 online Registration working well

13 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Some IOs require it for specific services that need your address (e.g. extension of stay / residence certificate).

My local IO (SiSaKet) is notoriously easy in these matters, but still I was asked for my TM30 when doing my very first 90-day report in person there.

Hello Peter

So for your 1st 90 day report you had to apply and show 'your' TM30

Did you own your own property or renting somewhere?

1 minute ago, Delight said:

Hello Peter

So for your 1st 90 day report you had to apply and show 'your' TM30

Did you own your own property or renting somewhere?

Hi,

I am on an OA Visa -retirement in Thailand and am living in the house owned by my girlfriend in SiSaKet province.

I registered on the IO TM30 website on my girlfriends behalf (quite easy to do), and do my TM30 filings on-line.

Normally IF an IO checks your TM30 compliance it is only for a service that needs your address (e.g. extension of stay / residence certificate).  So normally not required for 90-day reporting.  However, as it was my very first 90-day report I understood that I could not do that very first one on-line, as IO needs to set you up in the system first.  And it was during that - pleasant, quick and efficient - visit to the SiSaKet office that they also asked for my TM30.  I made a screenshot of the TM30 I had just filed that morning (had forgotten to do it after a recent domestic trip) and showed that to the IO, which was immediately accepted.  I also did bring copies of the house-book with me, as well as scans of my gf's ID-card and my own passport ID page and Visa stamp.  But these were not asked.

20 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

I thought only the home owner could register? is there a work around?

You register as Foreigner, and in the next step as Possessor. Then you just upload the first page of your rental contract and the photo/info page in your passport,that's all. Fill only in the fields with an *

Nothing else. You'll receive an email where you verify your email account,and then you'll receive another email with username and password.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

I am on an OA Visa -retirement in Thailand and am living in the house owned by my girlfriend in SiSaKet province.

I registered on the IO TM30 website on my girlfriends behalf (quite easy to do), and do my TM30 filings on-line.

Normally IF an IO checks your TM30 compliance it is only for a service that needs your address (e.g. extension of stay / residence certificate).  So normally not required for 90-day reporting.  However, as it was my very first 90-day report I understood that I could not do that very first one on-line, as IO needs to set you up in the system first.  And it was during that - pleasant, quick and efficient - visit to the SiSaKet office that they also asked for my TM30.  I made a screenshot of the TM30 I had just filed that morning (had forgotten to do it after a recent domestic trip) and showed that to the IO, which was immediately accepted.  I also did bring copies of the house-book with me, as well as scans of my gf's ID-card and my own passport ID page and Visa stamp.  But these were not asked.

So it was not 'your' TM30

It was your girlfriends TM30

You being her guest.

You were registered TM 30 wise as her guest.

All is clear now

Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Please note this was just registering for online TM30 reporting.

I was not doing a TM30 report.....that will come next week after I return from Singapore.

Hence, only receipt so far are 2 emails confirming successful Registration and Username/Password.

We'll see how the actual submission of the TM30 report works out.

Oh, Sorry for my misunderstanding. I'd like to your future's work out. Thanks

So I'm just planning a trip to Lao in a couple weeks with family. When we leave home (I'm the owner of our condo) I have to go into my TM30 account (via the App) and "check-out" myself, wife and our child. Upon returning I have to go back in and "check-in" myself, my wife and our child. This is ridiculous nonsense.   

33 minutes ago, RBOP said:

So I'm just planning a trip to Lao in a couple weeks with family. When we leave home (I'm the owner of our condo) I have to go into my TM30 account (via the App) and "check-out" myself, wife and our child. Upon returning I have to go back in and "check-in" myself, my wife and our child. This is ridiculous nonsense.   

Maybe on the App it is different, but I am using the IO TM30 website to file my TM30s.

And on the website there is no need to fill in the 'check-out' date.

There are 3 possibilities now:

- When you are making a domestic trip and stay in a Hotel/guesthouse that files a new TM30, it is assumed that you checked out from your residence, the day before the new TM30 was filed.

- When returning from a domestic trip with no overnight stays in Hotel/guesthouses, nobody will know that you made the trip, so the earlier filed TM30 is still valid.

- When returning from a trip abroad you need to update your earlier TM30 filing with the new TM6 entry/arrival card number and the port of entry (when different from last time).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RBOP said:

No check out report is needed or possible. Only a report of your arrival at your residence is required.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No check out report is needed or possible. Only a report of your arrival at your residence is required.

So your saying no need to Check-Out and when I come back just fill in again like we are arriving a new? There is a line for Check-out just below the line for Check-in.  

image.png

I'd like to point out that in the 4yrs, of marriage extensions and 90 days reports, the local Immigration office has never asked for or mentioned a TM30.

But as it now seems a hot potato and I have an extension application coming up in January,  just thought it prudent to start submitting.....first 2 by hand, but now registered using the website,  I'll just do it from home in 5 minutes and complying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 9:03 AM, RBOP said:

Chaengwattana requires for all travel inside and outside.

Just curious, what's your basis for saying that BKK CW is still requiring TM30s for domestic overnight travel at present?

I've heard/seen very little lately on just how BKK CW is or isn't enforcing TM30 lately when people are going for extensions, etc....