The Tv Before T.v.

luckyluke

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rab C Nesbit ........ ok not quite the hero figure but a role model to many i'm sure.!!!!

hecters house

magic round about

play school

postman pat

when you had kids these programmes became part of your life :o

• 1 month later...

In England when I was a kid back in 1857, I can remember laughing my head off at The Army Game (Bill Fraser & Alfie Bass) and The I love Lucy Shows (Lucile Ball).

5 years ago they repeated some episodes, I watched and thought, did I really laugh at this.

They seemed very out dated, props moving about, corney jokes.

Better left with our memories, although I think some programmes travel well with time, Bilko, BeWitched & Dad`s Army for example.

• 2 weeks later...
In England when I was a kid back in 1857, I can remember laughing my head off at The Army Game (Bill Fraser & Alfie Bass) and The I love Lucy Shows (Lucile Ball).

5 years ago they repeated some episodes, I watched and thought, did I really laugh at this.

They seemed very out dated, props moving about, corney jokes.

Better left with our memories, although I think some programmes travel well with time, Bilko, BeWitched & Dad`s Army for example.

bewitched takes me back to my childhood ,hallmark reran the intire series a couple of years ago ,if you looked closely you could spot some famous stars getting there first roles ,real family entertainment

Captain Pugwash with great characters like Master Bates and Seaman Staines.

Did they really exist or was it a rumour?

The 'real' Pugwash didn't have the iffy names, the cabin boy was Tom and I believe the other character was 'Master Mate'.

I do however remember (vaguely) a piss-take being done with the better names, exactly who did it is lost in the darkest recesses of my mind :o

The final show done by the Rainbow cast and crew is real, it's on Youtube (if you can access it), complete with the Plucking song and Mr Jeffery giving Bungle one. Done as a last fling when the show was cancelled.