Car Rental, Buri Ram Airport

Gimbo

I am heading back to the Buri Ram area in June, and wonder if it is possible to hire a car (pick-up preffered) at the air port in Buri Ram?

Thinking about flying there instead of hiring one at BKK and drive. Will be farting about with it for two weeks, trying to see as much of Isaan as possible, so need something that will not die on me in some remote spot. :D

Any tips and advice appreciated. Have all the required licenses and insurances, and well used to driving in Thailand, so no problem there! :o

I am heading back to the Buri Ram area in June, and wonder if it is possible to hire a car (pick-up preffered) at the air port in Buri Ram? quote]

Hi Gimbo

Sorry no facilities to hire any type of vehicle at Buriram airport.

Maybe able to hire something in Buriram though or try Farang Connection in Surin.

TBWG

Ok, that answered the question. :o

So then I will simply rent a car at BKK, and drive up there, as logisticly it will be the easiest option for me. GF is 60 km north of Buriram, so going all the way to Surin to hire the car and then drive back up there is not an option. :D

Could of course rent one in Buriram town itself, but thats just a hassle. I enjoy driving anyway, so no problem. Thanks :D

I am heading back to the Buri Ram area in June, and wonder if it is possible to hire a car (pick-up preffered) at the air port in Buri Ram?

Thinking about flying there instead of hiring one at BKK and drive. Will be farting about with it for two weeks, trying to see as much of Isaan as possible, so need something that will not die on me in some remote spot. :D

Any tips and advice appreciated. Have all the required licenses and insurances, and well used to driving in Thailand, so no problem there! :o

Hi there;

THere is a Car Rental place near the book and bed I have the Number somewhere if not I will get it next time in town (Monday and pm you the number)

Buri Ram Airport? last time I went to Surin I flew from BKK to Korat. When did they get their Airport?

Hi Bonaparte

Not sure of exact date but I suspect it has been open for at least 10 years, certainly 7 to my knowledge.

Its a nice passenger friendly airport a pleasure to use.

TBWG :o

Buri Ram Airport? last time I went to Surin I flew from BKK to Korat. When did they get their Airport?

Hi Bonaparte

Not sure of exact date but I suspect it has been open for at least 10 years, certainly 7 to my knowledge.

Its a nice passenger friendly airport a pleasure to use.

TBWG :o

It's been open about 14 years. I used to fly direct Bangkok-Surin, but Surin Ratchadee Airport has been closed for a couple of years now. Well, not closed, but Andaman Air used to serve it. Nice posts Boneparte, if only you could keep them to " I'm a <deleted>" forum.

Well I went a day early if you know where the Book and Bed (They have a new place now set back from the original Restaurant but on the corner there is a salon and they do truck and car rental here are the Numbers

084-6064030 and 07-8687702

• 4 weeks later...

On my first visit to Buri Ram with the future Mrs to meet family etc, I called Budget and asked if I can rent a car from Buri Ram airport. Yes they say, but with a surcharge as we have to bring car from different place. No worries says I and get on the plane. Arrive at airport and pick up the car. Driver takes us to the hotel in town and we do paperwork. Thank you I say, Thank you he says and speaks Thai to the missus. She says he wants to know what time we finish with the car as he has long trip to pick it up. Where did he come from I ask. Turns out he brought the car from Bangkok. Crazy as they have a place in Khorat. If they had told us that at the time I would have driven. As it was I cancelled the pick up and drove it back to Bangkok myself. So, car rental is possible at the airport but under rather bizzare circumstances.

On my first visit to Buri Ram with the future Mrs to meet family etc, I called Budget and asked if I can rent a car from Buri Ram airport. Yes they say, but with a surcharge as we have to bring car from different place. No worries says I and get on the plane. Arrive at airport and pick up the car. Driver takes us to the hotel in town and we do paperwork. Thank you I say, Thank you he says and speaks Thai to the missus. She says he wants to know what time we finish with the car as he has long trip to pick it up. Where did he come from I ask. Turns out he brought the car from Bangkok. Crazy as they have a place in Khorat. If they had told us that at the time I would have driven. As it was I cancelled the pick up and drove it back to Bangkok myself. So, car rental is possible at the airport but under rather bizzare circumstances.

Mental Oriental :o

name='Gimbo' date='2007-03-30 14:20:19' post='1226188'

I am heading back to the Buri Ram area in June, and wonder if it is possible to hire a car (pick-up preffered) at the air port in Buri Ram? quote]

Hi Gimbo

TBWG

Hi Gimbo

Realistically think my original comment still applies. :o

TBWG :D

name='Gimbo' date='2007-03-30 14:20:19' post='1226188'

Hi Gimbo

TBWG

Hi Gimbo

Realistically think my original comment still applies. :o

TBWG :D

Actually I've already PM'd him to say we DO deliver to Buriram Airport. We charge a 500 baht pick up or drop off fee. Which is pretty fare as we have to take two cars to the airport.

And sorry for the confusion, but although Surin airport is still open, it does not do commercial flights, only military flights. We're still hoping it will open commercially again soon though.

Edited by lampard10

I wouldn't rent any cars in Surin, because no one there has any "For Hire" insurance. You're better off and safer renting from a reputable car rental agency. You should ask to see coverage or you could really be up the creek,...especially in Surin.

That is exactly what I will do. Not flying in after all as my girl is coming down to meet me and then we spend a couple of days in BKK, before driving up country. She need to get her pass port sorted, so we will take care of that first, then rent a car and drive up.

Edited by Gimbo

I wouldn't rent any cars in Surin, because no one there has any "For Hire" insurance. You're better off and safer renting from a reputable car rental agency. You should ask to see coverage or you could really be up the creek,...especially in Surin.

Wrong.......................................we have for hire insurance. After all we are a registered tour company. As for the rest of the hire cars in Surin, you're almost right. Most of them have NO insurance.