Keep calling Big Oud's hotline: German arrested on 218 day overstay

webfact

4 hours ago, Morty T said:

I would totally give you the point you're trying to make, but as it was pointed out this is a hotline that pays to report ' crimes, ' committed by farang only. There is no 1178 hotline, when I see my Thai neighbors dumping last night's trash in the river next to the Baan. 

No 1178 hotline for You??? Yeah, then it´s not easy to know how to do, right?

And then it´s not "committed by farangs only". It´s a hotline for reporting non-citizens that can not adjust to a lawful and right life in Thailand. If you follow the news everyday, I am sure you understand why it´s there.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically people that overstay are still spending foreign dollars into your weak and failing economy. It's not as if foreigners are receiving any type of public aid or welfare services that you people receive when you come to Western countries begging for asylum. I'm happy that you make this such a big public deal to advertise outside of your country just how ungrateful you really are. If you don't think foreigners see you in this light you are sadly mistaken. Lawlessness and being ungrateful are such fine qualities aren't they? Bite the hand that feeds and go hungry!!!

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What is the stupid and morbid concentration on how they describe things? What is relevant in that?

What is relevant here is that another overstayer bites the dust, and will be according to the law deported and blacklisted for his arrogance and refusal to live by the rules.

Nobody have asked anybody to spy! Where are you getting that from. People are just asked to report what they know and suspicious circumstances. Same like in any country regarding any kind of criminal offense. But, of course, it sounds much better to explain it like you just did, because then you can put the blame on the Thais instead of the people that is commiting the offense.

"Arrogance and refusal to live by the rules" sounds same same "When in Rome do as the Romans do". BRILLIANT!!!

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

I am quite sure that the people who reported him will not lost out fiancialy 

True.  He has to eat so local shops lose out.  He lives somewhere so rent/household bills will no longer apply.  Travel?  Car/motorbike/taxis - gone.  Then when he returns to his Fatherland, this disgruntled ex-tourist will urge as many as will listen, to avoid Thailand.

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

True.  He has to eat so local shops lose out.  He lives somewhere so rent/household bills will no longer apply.  Travel?  Car/motorbike/taxis - gone.  Then when he returns to his Fatherland, this disgruntled ex-tourist will urge as many as will listen, to avoid Thailand.

Yes, but Thailand doesnt want overstayers and people who disregard the law .

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I mean bad reputation in the eyes of Immigration and Thai government. Yeah, now you woke up.

Completely wrong.

What have immi's been doing with overstayers for years? Just fine them and collect the cash at the airport.

No bad reputation, for no one .... maybe you should wake up? ????

Overstayers don't give anyone a bad rep, not to other foreigners and not to the immi's. 

You make this up.

Criminals, Robbers, Murders, Drunks fighting or misbehaving, they do. But not overstayers.

You know what I mean when I say "... only on here we hear about it". Yes, it's good as a warning to overstayers, but that's it.

The 'calling a number to report them', the hunt and the hard judgement you have on this ... that's what I consider not healthy at all.

If someone is stupid enough to overstay, or does it for reasons out of desperation we don't know any details about ... it's just an immi matter between them ... not for other Farangs to be involved with. 

13 hours ago, HHTel said:

I don't see anywhere that states he was 'turned in' and if he was, then we don't know if it was a Thai or foreigner.

'Naew Na repeated their request for the public to continue to call 1178 to help immigration with lawbreakers' - I figure the words 'continue to call' suggests this.

A foreigner would not call 1178 because (s)he knows whoever answers won't understand English anyway.

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

I believe the term is "grass", a grouse is a small game bird.

Also from Dictionary.com -

verb (used without object), groused, grous·ing.

to grumble; complain: I've never met anyone who grouses so much about his work.

noun

a complaint.

17 hours ago, Owiee said:

He over stayed, it’s the law, l don’t see what the issue is. 

The issue is urging Thais to grass on farangs (for money?) when he may have dependents; may be supporting a number of local businesses who will now lose out; maybe he will tell every potential tourist in Germany of his treatment so more Thais lose out if they choose to go to Vietnam instead.

18 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if foreigners were reporting also, going by the comments etc of some of these on here, wouldn’t trust them either 

Farangs know ringing the hotline is useless as no one will understand English if the phone is answered.

19 hours ago, monkfish said:

From my experience most likely a Farang who snitched,Thai's generally mind their own business as snitching can is a dangerous pass time in LOS.

Farangs know not to phone as no one speaks English at the other end.

19 hours ago, BigStar said:

No evidence that anyone "turned him in." Farang logic. 

Or by losing a loud, rude, bigoted old cheapskate the Thais who'd been putting up with him will win out. Good riddance. Thai logic.

'Naew Na repeated their request for the public to continue to call 1178 to help immigration with lawbreakers' - Continue to call?

Do you know this loud bigoted old cheapskate or are you racially stereotyping?  The guy may have a local Thai family to support.  He may be patronising local businesses; he may be renting a property; motorbike/car. I don't know; do you?

When he returns he will tell everyone he speaks to about Thailand's harsh treatment; more tourists encouraged to visit Vietnam.

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

Bite the hand that feeds and go hungry!!!

Do you sincerely mean they would suffer because 5-10 people out of, let´s say 20 000 gets deported for overstaying.

First that is only 0.5 promille. As a second, the people staying here long time does not contribute to the economy and living standard of as many Thais as you would like to make it important.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Then you are totally free to disengage yourself from this dicussion, which would be in line with your own opinion.

Why, you have been out numbered from the start of this thread, in fact you should move on....????

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Then you are totally free to disengage yourself from this dicussion, which would be in line with your own opinion.

Oh, ok then ... so what you are saying is only people who are willing to report other farangs for overstay can be engaged in this discussion.

Sorry then ... I misunderstood. The wrong place for me to be inline with my own opinion.

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Pretty much the same for felangs in Thailand then 

Could very well be. 

I have nothing against deporting ... that's just the job of the immi's if someone is violating the rules.

It's the reporting thing among each other which gives it all a very bad taste.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Also from Dictionary.com -

verb (used without object), groused, grous·ing.

to grumble; complain: I've never met anyone who grouses so much about his work.

noun

a complaint.

Yes, but nothing to do with handing someone up, ie grassing.

35 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Oh, ok then ... so what you are saying is only people who are willing to report other farangs for overstay can be engaged in this discussion.

Sorry then ... I misunderstood. The wrong place for me to be inline with my own opinion.

Please concentrate little bit know. You must be able to remember what you are posting by yourself. You posted:

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

Completely wrong.

If someone is stupid enough to overstay, or does it for reasons out of desperation we don't know any details about ... it's just an immi matter between them ... not for other Farangs to be involved with. 

I just posting a note for you to behave after your own opinion. Basically it is you that have benn telling yourself to not be a part, by posting "not for other farangs to be involved with". Ok, here I go assuming that you are a foreigner. Maybe you are not. ????????????

I would be nice of you to stop letting the meaning of your post and your behaviour contradict eachother.

22 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Please concentrate little bit know. You must be able to remember what you are posting by yourself. You posted:

I just posting a note for you to behave after your own opinion. Basically it is you that have benn telling yourself to not be a part, by posting "not for other farangs to be involved with". Ok, here I go assuming that you are a foreigner. Maybe you are not. ????????????

I would be nice of you to stop letting the meaning of your post and your behaviour contradict eachother.

Jeez, you really are twisted and twisting around.

When I say "... not for other Farangs to be involved with (the reporting of others). That's my opinion on this topic (calling the hotline) to not be involved in reporting others.

While you say " ... then disengage from the discussion!" ... suggesting to not post and engage in this discussion with this opinion

I would like to know what kind of stuff you take before you post, and it's not even 10am ;-))

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does having a yellow house book (Tambien Baan) allow for free (30 baht) health care in Thai Hospitals?

No it does not, unless you're married to someone employed by the government (teacher, police, immigration etc.).

15 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

I met a guy from Slovakia last week whilst i went thru the court process {I intend to do separate topic on my police experiences !} he had 9 immigration officers go to his house to arrest him then took him to Jomtien after he was locked up soi 9 Pattaya where first met him,

He been living Thailand for 10 years but the last 3 years he had no visa so 3 year overstay he resigned himself to the fact he would be charged 20k baht and banned for 10 years .

I was in court when they fined him 4000 baht and banned for 2 years ! ,He had been in jail 2 days already so his fine was reduced to 3000 baht but he had no money so would have to go main Pattaya jail for 6 days to pay his fine off [500 baht per day} then would be taken immigration Bangkok then deported.

Where did he get money for his ticket home?

Archived