Keep calling Big Oud's hotline: German arrested on 218 day overstay

webfact

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Stupid sod, why overstay and then get problems?

Bit different headline this time, he was visited at a house.

Last time a truck load of  immigration ....Swooped on the overstayers.

Well, ya know them. They love to appear 'mighty'. Words like 'swoop' makes them look, feel (and probably believe!) they belong to some elite special-force tactical-unit thing. Like in the movies. Like eagles swooping in on a prey. Personally, it's more like house robins yeeping, if I'm honest.

Anyway, didn't their boss (not sure if it's Big Oaf or another guy) call on them to NOT scare away tourists and their money? So I guess they thought 'visit' is less scary than 'swoop'.

:burp:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What is the stupid and morbid concentration on how they describe things? What is relevant in that?

What is relevant here is that another overstayer bites the dust, and will be according to the law deported and blacklisted for his arrogance and refusal to live by the rules.

Nobody have asked anybody to spy! Where are you getting that from. People are just asked to report what they know and suspicious circumstances. Same like in any country regarding any kind of criminal offense. But, of course, it sounds much better to explain it like you just did, because then you can put the blame on the Thais instead of the people that is commiting the offense.

More than a bit of hypocrisy going on here. Thais tend to treat laws as if they were meant to be broken. Reporting one of their own could lead to ugly reprisals. But some poor old falang overstayer. . . 

Just imagine if we expats ratted to Plod about every scooter rider we saw not wearing a crash helmet or yacking on a mobile. We'd never have time for 'owt else.

15 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

More than a bit of hypocrisy going on here. Thais tend to treat laws as if they were meant to be broken. Reporting one of their own could lead to ugly reprisals. But some poor old falang overstayer. . . 

Just imagine if we expats ratted to Plod about every scooter rider we saw not wearing a crash helmet or yacking on a mobile. We'd never have time for 'owt else.

How Thai´s treat their laws has nothing to do with how a foreigner should treat them, is you do not believe that is the right way of course.

We have not been asked to do that, have we? Just imagine if we had, then all Thai haters on this forum would be standing in every corner writing numbers and reporting. 

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The headline mentions 'big Oud's hotline' but it's still unclear as to whether the hotline was actually used in this case. 

It's more likely that they filed a TM30 from the guesthouse online which flagged his overstay and triggered the immigration response.

This is why they do the TM30 after all, to keep tabs on us.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

How easy is that? Are you really soo naive that you think it´s the common guy on the street or the noodle seller that reports an overstayer? Now you have to think outside your small box, boy.

What about when a foreigner check in at a hotel? Many are stupid enough to show their passport. (Yes, I know! Extremely stupid, but so is overstaying. Goes hand in hand, I guess)

What about a foreigner check in and tells some incredible story about not having his passport with him when it´s right in his saddlebag around his waist? Creates suspision, wouldn´t you say?

For example a travel agency many times asks for passport, if you are stupid enough to rent a motorbike as well as when you need do do soemthing in your bank. They will want to see your passport.

I am sure there are also many other ways it can be very visible.

"How easy is that? Are you really soo naive that you think it´s the common guy on the street or the noodle seller that reports an overstayer? Now you have to think outside your small box, boy."

It appears there are a few posters in this thread who feel your quote is insulting.

I know I'm asking 'a pig to fly', but is there any chance you might come down from from your ivory tower to offer an apology?

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

How would you know that's the case?

If he had any other criminal record It's more than likely the Imm police would have held a press conference with about 20 uniformed participants smiling in front of a mega plastic crime board!

4 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Nope, not necessarily.

There are Facebook and other websites in Thai where for example lonely Thai men get a kick out of foreigners who get arrested because of overstay.

But you're so right. Revenge from an ex gf/wife for leaving her could easily be the reason for them to call this cute number. 

I'm just wondering how many Thais are currently overstaying all over the world? 

Just the same as there is a lot of Thais getting free medical treatment in the UK while people from the UK do not get free medical treatment here in Thailand.

56 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Immigration in Thailand. Now say thanks for the help.

I tell you one thing Mazzo. You are not the only one living here for a few years.

If I log off of TVF for a few days ... and I only watch Thai news on Tellie every night, which I do,  I hear nothing, zero zilch about any overstayers. 

No overstayer is giving any other Farang any bad name, as you always imply. No one gives a damn. No one. 

Not your Thai neighbors around you, not the ones around me, no Thai I talk to ever mentions it.

It's an Immi job ... and let them do it.

It doesn't impact your personal live one single iota ... 

You got trapped into something in your mind you can't let go off ... oh wow, another overstayer caught, even if only a few days ... my god, life is so much safer now. They can't give you a bad name now? What a useless argument when no one really cares or talks about it, outside of TVF.

In reality, no one in real life around you knows nor cares about it. It's all in your frozen mindset.

No Thai I talk to ever mentions an overstayers for a few or more days. Never.

Please, get real, come down from that crazy idea in your mind. Let immi do their job if it's really necessary, i.e. a guy/girl/person really is a criminal undercover and on overstay. Then yes, catch them. 

Don't support and applaud something you only read on TVF news ... it's not in the Thai news or anywhere. 

Only on here. 

You want to play along with a shallow news brainwash game? I don't.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Just the same as there is a lot of Thais getting free medical treatment in the UK while people from the UK do not get free medical treatment here in Thailand.

Does having a yellow house book (Tambien Baan) allow for free (30 baht) health care in Thai Hospitals?

I can't find where this is officially noted, but recall reading it.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's getting more like East Germany, when the Stasi had everyone

spying on everyone else,while I am against overstayers,they seem

to be going over the top,asking the public to be basically spies,and

when they move on the overstayers,they seem to swoop with excessive

numbers of Police ,immigration officers,like they were going after terrorists.

regards Worgeordie

And exactly what do the snitches get for their great service ?

Maybe a Dick Tracy watch inscribed with  Big Oud's Thank You.

So maybe allow no more visits by anyone that is not Family, and maybe even some of them.

Just more Divide and Conquer, that Governments use to take over a Country.

What next, Inspired Thai's marching in the street with torches and pitchforks ?

Why, because every one knows Falang Bad, they all gotta go.

Cannot have anyone Dissing the Big Boss and his minions.

Just give us your money and assets, and get out. 

Forget about money in the Bank, not yours now.

Guess LOS has become Land Of Suppression.

But every body "Happy",  Righty

regards Worgeordie

UK border force did the same a few years back, had number to call on buses etc.

regards Worgeordie

Agreed........its the STASI ......but I can sleep safe knowing that crime here is under control

14 minutes ago, Dice Man said:

Agreed........its the STASI ......but I can sleep safe knowing that crime here is under control

The funny thing is ... it's no where to read about in the Thai news ... only on here.

And then people are getting stirred up on here and starting to discuss something which is none of their business.

No overstayers with a few days is giving any other Farang a bad name ... that's complete nonsense.

The one who deserve to be caught, will get caught .. it's an immi issue.

But not this, like you say, Stasi like methods ... what a crazy thing to read about week in / week out, only on this forum.

But nowhere else. And I watch Thai News everyday.

Why discuss this if you got your own papers in order, in such 'stasi like' witch hunt style among Farangs?

I can't believe it ... it's a sad state of affairs really.

And for the Farangs who fall for this nonsense, sorry really, no words left to say about this.

58 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does having a yellow house book (Tambien Baan) allow for free (30 baht) health care in Thai Hospitals?

I can't find where this is officially noted, but recall reading it.

No, it was stopped a few years ago, when I got my yellow book, the Amphur sent me to the hospital to get registered, then the hospital told me that does not apply anymore.

I met a guy from Slovakia last week whilst i went thru the court process {I intend to do separate topic on my police experiences !} he had 9 immigration officers go to his house to arrest him then took him to Jomtien after he was locked up soi 9 Pattaya where first met him,

He been living Thailand for 10 years but the last 3 years he had no visa so 3 year overstay he resigned himself to the fact he would be charged 20k baht and banned for 10 years .

I was in court when they fined him 4000 baht and banned for 2 years ! ,He had been in jail 2 days already so his fine was reduced to 3000 baht but he had no money so would have to go main Pattaya jail for 6 days to pay his fine off [500 baht per day} then would be taken immigration Bangkok then deported.

I felt sorry for him and paid the 3k so wouldn't go to the main jail he was really happy i had helped him and they took him straight Bangkok and was the time i saw him,

He only had a telephone number of a elderly Thai friend but he never answered his phone when the police and courts tried to call him.But he gave me his address on Pratamnak and he said this guy would pay me back which i took with a pinch of salt !, I went to the address next day and sure enough he paid me back!

There were 4 other guys from India taken in at the same time they were on 3 months overstay something to do with a Thai agent ripping them off then reporting them to immigration! they also got fined 4000 baht and banned for 2 years from returning !

All in all i had an experienced in a Thai court seeing how it functioned !

5 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm just wondering how many Thais are currently overstaying all over the world? 

not sure about other countries but in my country the Netherlands i bet only a handful Thai ppl would be overstaying. No need to "overstay" bc once the Thai marries a Dutch person, unlike here in Thailand, no need for visa, the Thai can live and work hassle and visa free in my country, including voting. SADLY the favor is not returned, marry or not here in Thailand, until death we will need a visa to be with our Thai family in our new country, and the rules always change not in our favor and always have the risk to be denied a visa and get kicked out, family withchildren leaving behind.

Archived