So how on earth can a Thai national obtain a tourist visa to the west?

Many Thais do not have a sponsor who can guarantee for them.

I like to bring out my friend (female 49 years old) for a short holiday.

She has been in Bahrain for 2 years has a business, has a house and

land, has 2 children has every reason to go back to Thailand. Yes I can guarantee

for here but can not produce an letter of income because my only income

is my pension now. Some Thais travel to Canada or the US how do they

get a tourist visa? In my case it is Australia. Does anybody recommends

getting a agent involved or is that just a waste of money?

Please just honest answers from people in the know.

Thank you

An agent here can to nothing to influence foreign embassies.

Every guy I know who has attempted to get a tourist Visa for their girl ( to US) have been denied numerous times. Most Thais going have student or work Visas.

I am sure some get it but cannot explain.

To add, you may have a chance as I have heard there is an un-writtten discrimination against Thai females under 40.  A history of them going to western counties and never coming back.

With your lady being 49, you may have more of a chance.

All you can do is give it a shot.  Good luck.

Many Thai applicants don't have sponsors and are granted visit visas, if their trip is genuine and the applicant can demonstrate they have the means to fund the trip and strong ties their home country or country of residence then a visa will usually be issued.
As for using an agent, a decent agent, and they're few and far between, they will advise if there is a chance of success and advise how to complete the donkey work and what evidence to supply, no agent can guarantee a visa, but many applicants like the comfort a decent agent will provide.  

On 12/13/2019 at 8:01 AM, Will27 said:

Also, if she has enough money of her own, you won't need to provide any financial details.

So what would you call enough money on her own? She has every reason to go back to Thailand

as I stated before,she has a son and daughter has a house,land (20 rai) business and by the

time she will apply for the visa she will turn 50.( but a very young 50)

Somebody told me she need to have at least 100.000 baht in the bank or is that just hearsay?

Having set up her new business she has spent a lot of money. I did write a letter of support.

Do pictures of us together in holiday make any different? Or is it just a waste of time? I told her

to just ask for a single entry visa (about 3 weeks) because she does not have to show heaps

of money in her bank. Am I am correct? I know she has to do her bio metrics first before

applying for the visa. So what else should I know? I don't like to argue with people not in the

know, so please only people who done this, or experts like some of the mods.

I hope someone will advise me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks for you help

4 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

So what would you call enough money on her own? She has every reason to go back to Thailand

as I stated before,she has a son and daughter has a house,land (20 rai) business and by the

time she will apply for the visa she will turn 50.( but a very young 50)

Somebody told me she need to have at least 100.000 baht in the bank or is that just hearsay?

Having set up her new business she has spent a lot of money. I did write a letter of support.

Do pictures of us together in holiday make any different? Or is it just a waste of time? I told her

to just ask for a single entry visa (about 3 weeks) because she does not have to show heaps

of money in her bank. Am I am correct? I know she has to do her bio metrics first before

applying for the visa. So what else should I know? I don't like to argue with people not in the

know, so please only people who done this, or experts like some of the mods.

I hope someone will advise me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks for you help

Is she still in Bahrain or back in Thailand?

If she's still working in Bahrain, obviously she won't need a reason to return to Thailand.

I'm saying that a sponsors letter (for want of a better term) isn't compulsory.

There is no set amount she has to have in the bank.

Returning to Thailand is only one of the conditions Immigration look for.

They will also look at things like how long you've known each other etc.

How much time you've actually spent together.

Pictures and a history will help the application.

Saying she will be staying with you and you will pay for food and expenses won't hurt.

You don't have to provide an income statement, a bank statement would be OK as well.

You don't normally need an agent for a visitor visa, but they can be handy if you're not good at

paperwork.

Archived