Transfer Money from a Thai Bank to Europe Bank Account

Hello Community, I tried to find Informations about a regular Transfer of Money

from a Thai Bank to an european Bank. If I would live in Thailand, but still have to

pay sometimes in Europe for a Service or something else - how would it Be done?

Thanks for any Idea

9 hours ago, Bakwan said:

Transfer of Money

from a Thai Bank to an european Bank. If I would live in Thailand,

I have always used my Thai bank to send money to my UK bank.

There is a company https://www.deemoney.com/ which I joined but have never used, there is members here that use it and find it a less expensive way.

Try to keep an online banking account in your European home country. If you don't have a residence there anymore it is not always easy to open a new account from abroad. And it is possible to transfer money from Thailand to such an account - even through Thai banks directly. 

• Like 1

I have  Foreign Currency Account with Bangkok Bank with over £24k in it, which I used for my retirement extension. I am going to use the combination method next year ie Bht 50k per month from UK and Bht 200k in a Fixed Rate Deposit Account, so I need to send around £16k back to UK. Bkk Bank says it is no problem.

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Dunno not used them but people here have unless it's been stopped, as I said I use my Thai bank to sent Baht to Uk and it's exchanged into £ sterling.

Possible now only for certain countries - not US or UK for example. It was but they have had issues.......

See last page of posts here -

• Like 1

My bank (Kasikorn) tell me as long as the money has been transferred into Thailand electronically then no problem transferring back out.

But if you brought cash into Thailand and paid it into a bank then no way to transfer out .  

1 hour ago, pjuk said:

My bank (Kasikorn) tell me as long as the money has been transferred into Thailand electronically then no problem transferring back out.

But if you brought cash into Thailand and paid it into a bank then no way to transfer out .  

Then talk to a Bangkok Bank branch. I did money transfers myself already and there is no problem. There are amount limits when transfers need to be reported. But they are pretty high. I forgot the amount so please ask the Bangkok Bank if you are interested. And if an employee tells you garbage then better ask the manager. 

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I have  Foreign Currency Account with Bangkok Bank with over £24k in it, which I used for my retirement extension. I am going to use the combination method next year ie Bht 50k per month from UK and Bht 200k in a Fixed Rate Deposit Account, so I need to send around £16k back to UK. Bkk Bank says it is no problem.

Not a problem until you try to do it. ????????????. Mugs 

• Like 1

My bank (Bangkok Bank) refuses to set up my ability to transfer money back to my bank in America because I am on a retirement visa. They told me I have to request for them (the bank) to do it. This doesn't sound right to me because it's my money. What can I do?

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 3:24 PM, jackdd said:

They don't offer sending Baht to Euro

Finally!

Just read the advert about Deemoney now being able to transfer to a number of Euro countries.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1144687-deemoney-launches-deenext-a-guaranteed-next-working-day-money-transfer-service-to-28-countries/

(thread is closed for discussion)

On 12/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, Bakwan said:

If I would live in Thailand, but still have to

pay sometimes in Europe for a Service or something else - how would it Be done?

For the original request I would agree to keep an account in home country with internet access.