Video: Farang goes viral dancing to Thai music at a funeral

webfact

Actual dancing drunk on the way to the temple and in the temple ground is pretty common in Thailand. I did that with my Thai friends several times. Then we get into the temple, tamboon & wai pra, and go back home.

If that's during a funeral that's another story though especially when it's crowded... Funeral often last several days, and I've also heard people sing during funerals to release the stress.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Let the competition for guessing his nationality start.  ????

From his dance moves, I get the feeling he either lives here, or has been here many times.  If so, he should know he is not dressed appropriately for a temple.  He also looks a little unsteady on his feet as well, and not from the dancing.  He may have been intoxicated.

In the clip, we can't see what he is seeing, but you can see the chairs laid out for a gathering, but rather than keep a low profile and let the Thai's do their thing, and just observe, this guy draws attention to himself.

Depending on how the Thai's take this clip, he may get some attention from authorities. 

Like many things that go viral on the internet, you either become famous, or arrested, or both.  ????

You become famous or infamous.

He should only sit down, listening to the monks prayers,

like the Thai people do and then, finally, bye bye monks,

Now we can start drink and gamble! 

I`ve been to a few funerals down here and everybody is just waiting

for the monks to go home to their temples, so the fun can begin! 

Chill! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

When I see this bad behaviour and disrespect to Thai culture, tradition and people I truly feel ashamed being a person of the caucasian race.

Let see here:

Thai culture= 7/Eleven, not taking responsability for anything, face is everything 

tradition= drunk driving, scamming tourists, destroying natural environment.

people= ladyboys, gogo dancers, rude taxi drivers, corrupted policemen

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moutamine said:

Thai culture= 7/Eleven, not taking responsability for anything, face is everything 

tradition= drunk driving, scamming tourists, destroying natural environment.

people= ladyboys, gogo dancers, rude taxi drivers, corrupted policemen

If you truly hold that pathetic and chidish view of Thai culture and are not just attemting to be a troll, then the question is....why would you ever go to Thailand?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Not the kind of music that would make most Westerners want to dance. It sounds more akin to Indian or Middle Eastern or maybe Greek or jewish music. He could easily be from the latter two countries....Though his legs do look rather white....lol....555

Edited by SunsetT