Run Against Dictatorship press conference held at Thammasat University

webfact

Run Against Dictatorship press conference held at Thammasat University

By The Nation

800_5c228743ec389cd.png?v=1576482132

The Chana Songkhram Metropolitan Police Station reportedly prevented a press conference for the Run Against Dictatorship campaign from going ahead at Royal Rattanakosin Hotel on Monday (December 16), but the organisers chose Thammasat University Tha Prachan Campus as an alternative, the official Run Against Dictatorship Facebook page said.

The page explained that the press conference "would not cause any turbulence" as the schedule was previously publicised and the police should not prevent political activity.

Previously, an attempt to hold the press conference at the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand on December 11 was halted by Lumpini Police Station.

Despite intervention from the authorities, the campaign’s organisers insisted they would make it happen to express their freedom, and eventually held the press conference at Thammasat University Tha Prachan Campus on Monday morning.

Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit stated that he was ready to join the Run Against Dictatorship campaign on January 12, 2019, after about a thousand Bangkok residents joined in his political rally on December 14.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379489

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-16

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sort of slightly on topic, I just sent a snotty e mail to the BBC requesting the reason that Saturdays rally has been totally blanked by BBC Asia news website, I'll post any reply I get ???? 

tell em some  gay transvestite lesbian black disabled person was offended by it and theyll be on it like a ton of bricks, throw in some right wing   neo nazi types as  well thatll get em going

16 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That's another bunch of charges to be bought against those organisers then.. 

You can't have a run against dictatorship when it's a democratically elected government in charge. A fully free and fair election at that !!! 

Not fair when they already stuffed the senate with their own people before a very dodgy election process

18 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sort of slightly on topic, I just sent a snotty e mail to the BBC requesting the reason that Saturdays rally has been totally blanked by BBC Asia news website, I'll post any reply I get ???? 

May be they were forced to do so by Thai press control?

Archived