Four FWP members face dismissal after vote

webfact

Four FWP members face dismissal after vote

By THE NATION

800_336a0e8928bb231.png?v=1576500466

Future Forward Party (FWP)’s deputy spokesman Nattacha Boonchai-insawat said four members faced dismissal from the party after a vote at an meeting today (December 16).

250 of FWP members voted for dismissal, five voted against the motion while six others were invalidated.

The four were MP for Chiang Mai province Srinuan Bunlue, MPs for Chanthaburi province Jaruk Srion and Thanapat Kittiwongsa, and MP for Chonburi province Kawinnart Takee.

Nattacha claimed that one of reasons leading to the vote was that some of them had allegedly expressed negative views about the party in an interview last week.

The party will present result of the vote today to its executive committee tomorrow for consideration.

If they were dismissed from the party, they can seek membership at other parties within 30 days.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379509

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-17

35 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Exactly what's wrong with politics these days - how about standing again and putting it back to the people rather than change who you work for but keeping your job ?

Correct. These people were voted in because they were FFP candidates. There should be by-elections now in their electorates to see what the voters want.

Maybe, they're frightened of losing their paycheque.

6 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

If an MP is fired from a party, it does not invalidate the fact that he/she is still an MP. They become Independent or join another party within 30 days. No one voted for the party, they voted for the person.

Sorry, I disagree. The candidate got the vote because voters wanted FFP or PTP or PPRP. The voters, in good faith, expect the candidate to honour that commitment to the party and what the party represents.

58 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Sorry, I disagree. The candidate got the vote because voters wanted FFP or PTP or PPRP. The voters, in good faith, expect the candidate to honour that commitment to the party and what the party represents.

No different to the UK. Several Conservatives defected to the Lib Dems or simply quit the party to act as a Independent following Boris Johnson's election as the party leader. They remained MPs.

9 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

I thought it was FFP not FWP - am I missing something??

Because some month ago a pro military party with a almost identical name was created, they hope they can make people Confused so when FFP is dissolved people will support that one instead. 

Archived