Video: Netizens up in arms after 10 wheel truck demolishes roadbridge used by students

webfact

Video: Netizens up in arms after 10 wheel truck demolishes roadbridge used by students

4pm_VI.jpg

Thai netizens were up in arms after pictures were posted online of school children using a badly damaged stairway of a pedestrian roadbridge in Phuket. 

The children were seen crossing the road to school amid a tangle of metal and masonry following an accident on Saturday. 

A video on Newshawk Phuket showed a ten wheel truck veer towards the left of the road and into the stairway before careening across the road and sideswiping another vehicle. 

The roadbridge - used by children at Muslim Withaya school - has now been sealed off. 

Source: Bright TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-17

It appears that anybody that wont's to be can "drive" a commercial vehicle in Thailand? from my understanding their is no special training or licence required, just some vague ability to arrive at point B after departing point A! & make as much noise as possible while hogging the outside lane on route! 

15 hours ago, CGW said:

It appears that anybody that wont's to be can "drive" a commercial vehicle in Thailand? from my understanding their is no special training or licence required, just some vague ability to arrive at point B after departing point A! & make as much noise as possible while hogging the outside lane on route! 

No actually there is additional training for driving a 10 wheel truck. Note he was not in the passing lane like the overloaded pick ups with modified engine billowing black smoke and inadequate braking whould be. 

I wonder do they expect those children to no use the bridge? Then maybe they need to install a traffic cop to assist the children crossing that busy road!

Archived