Schoolboy, 13, allegedly shot dead by classmate

webfact

There is a great need to take child psychology, the way they treat each-other, view themselves, to a better degree than we do adults.  Not an easy answer to this either.  If you were ever bullied as a child, the best solution in your child's mind's eye would be erasing the bully from the day. 

5 hours ago, sangtip2 said:

And so  if your kid takes your car and kills someone you should go to jail ???

There is a huge difference beside a gun (weapon) and a car (daily used normal item). But in fact, in Germany a hunter would go to jail if it´s possible for a kid to rech the weapon and kill somebody. He has to make sure that it´s impossible. And they do, so in Germany are rarely accidents with weapons.

17 hours ago, Rabbi said:

I am distressed that the Bully got shot and may he RIP but what was the boy to do given that he apparently had easy access to a gun and must have been disturbed by the victims actions.

Hmmm. 

That made me think.

I was bullied badly at about that age mostly by one greaser boy but he had a gang of followers. I was a hippie. OK boomer. Anyway this greaser made my life a living hell for well over a year. I literally counted the days until I was out of that school. There was no culture in my school to do anything about it either and who likes a snitch. So I wonder if I had had easy access to a gun would I have been tempted. I don't know but possibly. Now thinking about that guy I picture him long dead or a jailbird. But hard to have that long term perspective when you're a teen. 

Be best. 

Edited by Jingthing

Like Jingthing, I seen many bullies in school and all of them seemed to

have followers. This made them that much more dangerous, as the followers

liked to give a few kicks after you had the <deleted> beat out of you.

Well it makes me hate all bullies today, so I really can't have much

sympathy for a bully who got his self shot.  I feel sad for the buy who shot him and

who will have to spend time in detention, and likely jail.  My opinion, of what I think of 

a bully.

Geezer

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:25 AM, Kulex said:

There are 2 more reasons why this is happening more and more to young people: 1. So many kids play with toy guns of all kind, even pointing to their family members who don't care about and 2. The Thai music videos being played all over the TV are extremely dramatic and shooting rivals in there is common. So of course the kids think a gun is the best way to solve problems. And, Nr. 3,  the guns are carried in their adult's pick-ups. Just open the glove compartment. 

As a child I always had a BB gun (until the police took it away). And the majority of TV that I watched in the late fifties through the sixties was gun-toting westerns and gun slingers in general.

But I never grew up to be a murderer. And I never owned a gun, or had any interest in ownership, as an adult.

So I can't agree with your 2 reasons.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Luckily this has been researched by people who understand statistics, and they found no correlation.

You can justify your reasoning as much as you want, it doesn't make it true.

and anyone at all who has done studies in stats knows just how unreliable they are and how easily manipulated they can be.  At best they are a medium used to influence people who have no experience in matters at all.

44 minutes ago, car720 said:

and anyone at all who has done studies in stats knows just how unreliable they are and how easily manipulated they can be.  At best they are a medium used to influence people who have no experience in matters at all.

So basically you are just right, no matter you have no evidence and studies show you are incorrect?

On 12/18/2019 at 3:36 PM, Wasobeya said:

I think the country should be brave enough to ban all guns if uatr not an law enforcement authority. What and why people having guns without going to war. This must be the greatest mistakes allowed people to hold guns like toys. Why not ban them. 

Children's Day  ????1895058981_images(21).jpg.8902c94fffbff53bcb80b8aad9456944.jpg

1118147747_images(20).jpg.aef44604eaf57fe56325c6ba098f6ce7.jpg1284436206_images(24).jpg.1c7765555845cf901c9ad01898e26e66.jpg

On 12/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, CNXexpat said:

In Thailand die more people from guns than in the US and the US are on the top of the 1st word countries.

I am curious if the father of the boy owns the gun legally and why it´s so easy to reach for a child. He has go to prison.

Not sure where you get your information. US gun deaths around 35,000 per year, Thailand around 4,400. It's always a good idea to check facts before posting something so obviously incorrect.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, Happy Grumpy said:

RIP

American culture coming to the beautiful East. ????

At least he only murdered one, and not half the class.

As an American, that is my thought, and my fear, but no this culture does not have the soil of violence fertilized by hate that America has, nor does Thailand have an insane infatuation with weapons of war and murder. It does not have an NRA, or a gun lobby, or Republicans. My heart goes out to the victims, there is small solace in knowing that these are isolated incidents and do not reflect the culture in general.  I think I'll stay here. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

As an American, that is my thought, and my fear, but no this culture does not have the soil of violence fertilized by hate that America has, nor does Thailand have an insane infatuation with weapons of war and murder. It does not have an NRA, or a gun lobby, or Republicans. My heart goes out to the victims, there is small solace in knowing that these are isolated incidents and do not reflect the culture in general.  I think I'll stay here. 

What a pantload.  They would buy 50 billion in defense goods, if they had the money..today.  They have a long and recent history of doing battle with Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar, and have been in a land dispute in the south for 500 years...a gun in the wrong hands is no worse than a car in the wrong hands. Historically low unemployment in the US, historically high markets, not really looking good for Pocahontas, crazy Bernie, or creepy Joe.

Edited by moontang
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xbeemer said:

Not sure where you get your information. US gun deaths around 35,000 per year, Thailand around 4,400. It's always a good idea to check facts before posting something so obviously incorrect.

Take a look at the statistics I posted later. 

On 12/19/2019 at 6:37 AM, cardinalblue said:

I don’t feel sorry for bullies period....

I appreciate the sentiment but it is a very subjective term. when an anti-bullying group canvassed my class group of 75 they found that 70 were implicated as bullies. I was one of the 70 and had always prided myself on standing up to bullies in defence of the bullied, which is probably why someone thought of me as a bully also. 

On 12/18/2019 at 3:23 PM, Inepto Cracy said:

School vicitimisation is becomming a problem in some of the international schools on Phuket too.

Lack of dicipline seems to be the cause. Good luck to the victim.

The father should be arrested and locked up for failure to prevent a minor gaing access to a firearm.  Go directly to jail father and do not pass Go!

Lack of discipline ?
You mean this breed is too spoilt, or ?