Time From Bkk/patts To Buriram And Surin

glenbat

Just wondering how long it'll take me to travel fromPatts or BKK to Surin in a pick up? Am planning a week driving in June with a girlfriend who's family are in Surin and not too sure if it'll take forever to get there? Her English is excellent so I'll have my own translator with me, I think i remember hearing to Buriram its 10 hours on the bus from Patts? Does this sound right? I'm hoping to hire a pick up for a week and see a bit of the country, the real Thailand

Also what sort of greeting can I expect from her Thai family? We're only friends I guess so am a little cautious about visiting the village i dont really know why though..?

Just wondering how long it'll take me to travel fromPatts or BKK to Surin in a pick up? Am planning a week driving in June with a girlfriend who's family are in Surin and not too sure if it'll take forever to get there? Her English is excellent so I'll have my own translator with me, I think i remember hearing to Buriram its 10 hours on the bus from Patts? Does this sound right? I'm hoping to hire a pick up for a week and see a bit of the country, the real Thailand

Also what sort of greeting can I expect from her Thai family? We're only friends I guess so am a little cautious about visiting the village i dont really know why though..?

From bkk or pattas to surin will take you about 5 to 7 hours depending on your driving and traffic. However it will be rainy season then so it could take longer, it also depends on your driving experience in thailand as its better to be a bit cautious unltil you get used to it as after you pass korat (nakon ratchasima) the road mostlly goes down to single carriageway. Then surin is about 2 1/2 hours from korat. I prefer the buriram route as the roads a bit quiter.

On meeting the parents good luck on that one, and if your looking for a beer in surin there's always the good old farang connection in the bus station car park. They'l be plenty of people there to give you advice on meeting the natives!!!!! :o