Vietnam extends 15 day visa-free travel for some countries

webfact

Visa deal extends three years

By TTR WEEKLY

Vietnam-600x355.jpg

HANOI, 19 December 2019: Vietnam’s travel industry has welcomed the government decision to extend visa-free stays for citizens from Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Belarus until 13 December 2022.

Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) announced the extension on Tuesday. The visa-free stay is valid for 15 days.

The eight countries have enjoyed visa exemption since 2015, but it was due to expire 31 December 31 this year.

South Koreans are the second-largest source of tourists after China scoring 3.86 million visits over January to November this year, while Japan is the third largest with 872,255 visits. Russian in sixth place delivered 585,647 visits over the 11 months.

European countries like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Belarus remain emerging tourism markets. Finland supplied just 18,826 visits during the 11 months.

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2019/12/visa-deal-extends-three-years/

ObLDL11.png

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2019-12-20

I’d wish they do it for Americans but I doubt it. After waiting 4 business days to get an e visa last week they sent It late ( everything on line says within 3 working days) there were two mistakes on it. It started 2 days late and it ended a day early. I didn’t care about ending date but a warning to others who need an e visa, they are slow and sloppy. I had to buy 2 new air tickets to get there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I’d wish they do it for Americans but I doubt it. After waiting 4 business days to get an e visa last week they sent It late ( everything on line says within 3 working days) there were two mistakes on it. It started 2 days late and it ended a day early. I didn’t care about ending date but a warning to others who need an e visa, they are slow and sloppy. I had to buy 2 new air tickets to get there. 

Perhaps that's because in the not too recent past, the US bombed the <deleted> out of the place? They have long memories you know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Since America does not give visa exempt status to Viets, I don’t see why Vietnam should give visa exempt status to Americans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Perhaps that's because in the not too recent past, the US bombed the <deleted> out of the place? They have long memories you know. 

I did say “ I doubt it “ but I think it will happen soon especially if they want more tourist $$ they changed it from one year multiple entry only for about $140Usd to E visa 30 day $25 , even all those countries that get 14 days have to get e visa ( I’m quite sure for stays 15-30 days ) So they are treating Americans the same in that respect already. Lastly there really are very few Vietnamese who were around during the war. The young population is HUGE. They don’t care. I lived in Japan in the 90’s and treated with the upmost respect as are Japanese in America. I completely disagree about “ memories “ of war. Nobody really cares ( very very few) I didn’t learn about WW 2 in high school , nobody does , same for Vietnam war. This is not disrespect to you guys who served but it’s just the way time flies and generations forget. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I did say “ I doubt it “ but I think it will happen soon especially if they want more tourist $$ they changed it from one year multiple entry only for about $140Usd to E visa 30 day $25 , even all those countries that get 14 days have to get e visa ( I’m quite sure for stays 15-30 days ) So they are treating Americans the same in that respect already. Lastly there really are very few Vietnamese who were around during the war. The young population is HUGE. They don’t care. I lived in Japan in the 90’s and treated with the upmost respect as are Japanese in America. I completely disagree about “ memories “ of war. Nobody really cares ( very very few) I didn’t learn about WW 2 in high school , nobody does , same for Vietnam war. This is not disrespect to you guys who served but it’s just the way time flies and generations forget. 

That is all true of course, but I do believe in the old saying that those who forget the history are destined to repeat the same mistakes again. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the endless stream of Hollywood films depicting Americans slaughtering Vietnamese people is putting them off?

Plus the cancer rates for areas soaked in Agent Orange.

I'm pretty sure the Cambodians and Laotians are not too enamoured with all the unexploded ordnance scattered about their countryside too, but as you say, that's for another thread.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Traubert said:

Perhaps the endless stream of Hollywood films depicting Americans slaughtering Vietnamese people is putting them off?

Plus the cancer rates for areas soaked in Agent Orange.

I'm pretty sure the Cambodians and Laotians are not too enamoured with all the unexploded ordnance scattered about their countryside too, but as you say, that's for another thread.

As I said most countries including the USA need at least an e visa for 15-30 day visits which is just as cheap $25 for Americans as it is for others.  So your reason for the above immaturity level you live at is NOT a reason at all. A one year multiple entry visa has the same cost and paperwork for Americans and others and is also easy to get Mr Drama Queen. 

On 12/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, alex8912 said:

As I said most countries including the USA need at least an e visa for 15-30 day visits which is just as cheap $25 for Americans as it is for others.  So your reason for the above immaturity level you live at is NOT a reason at all. A one year multiple entry visa has the same cost and paperwork for Americans and others and is also easy to get Mr Drama Queen. 

Immature?

They love the poisons and bombs you Americans showered on them, and they've forgotten all about it? Despite the current daily death toll?

Riiiggghhhttt....

On 12/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, DannyCarlton said:

What happened to the UK? Currently visa free but due to run out next year.

The five nationalities, including UKers, still get the visa waiver until June 2021, as reported last May.

https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2018/05/vietnam-extends-visa-free-deal/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

as most Vietnamese were born after the liberation of Saigon they don't give a toss about the 'american war' and choose to get on with their lives...I suggest that folks on this forum of a certain age do the same...

imperialist wars with the french and the US got what they deserved...'nuff said...enjoy the coffee, fresh baguettes and avocados...western imperialism's bounty...

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, alex8912 said:

Almost all the countries that Vietnam gives exempt to, those countries DO NOT give to Vietnamese. I always love a posters like yours response to: for example why European countries don’t give visa exempt to Thais , Vietnamese , Cambodians , Burmese , Laos people etc. Really dude if you don’t know exactly why it kinda makes you look foolish. 

I do know why of course. Nevertheless, I can’t stand posters who think that they are superior to others, purely on being born a different nationality and therefore feel entitled. Not saying that you are but a lot of westerners are. 

On December 20, 2019 at 6:26 AM, alex8912 said:

I got the visa on arrival. 10 minutes, $25 dollars and got it in a few days. Simple easy. Third time. I don't bother with the Evisa.

• Like 1