Amd Vs Intel

MaiPenLai

I don't usually follow CPU price movement but I am considering a new build and so watching AMD and Intel slug it out. Can anyone tell me what the lag time between CPU price drop and the retail price drop here in Bangkok?

I went to IT Grand and it seems they are either unaware of the AMD X2 price drop or they are weeks or months behind market movement?

Thanks

I went to IT Grand and it seems they are either unaware of the AMD X2 price drop or they are weeks or months behind market movement?

I've always attributed the time lag in price drops to be due to over-inventory, or slow moving inventory, of stock in Thailand. i.e. If they bought a large lot of a certain processor before AMD/Intel cut the wholesale price, the retail price in Thailand won't drop until those higher-wholesale-priced chips are no longer in inventory. Now, that's just been my assumption, and I'm interested in other comments and theories.

Regards intel vs Amd.

Note if you will do any video encoding then intel is the way to go.Ie changing one video format to another or ripping a DVD.

Hope this helps you in your final choice.

I have both Amd and intel if you were wondring.