thai in UK wants visa to visit norway for 1 week

ex wifes son ,    he is 20 year old and  is resident in uk now approx 5 years,   his mum has PR in uk.   she came to uk under EEA rules 12 year ago.

the son wants to visit friend in norway for 3-4 days , 1 week maximum.

he has asked me to help him.

what is the process .

cost.

what embassy does he apply too.

many thanks in advance 

21 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

If he wishes to visit Norway I would hazard a guess that he needs to apply for a Schengen Visa via the Norwegian Consulate.

https://www.norway.no/en/uk/services-info/visitors-visa-res-permit/visitors-visa/

thanks OG 

but he is not a UK passport holder,       he has a thai passport

3 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

thanks OG 

but he is not a UK passport holder,       he has a thai passport

Apply with his Thai passport at the Norwegian Embassy I would guess. That is what my wife did in England when she applied for a few Schengen visas and 1 US visa. 

• Like 1

Interesting one this. I agree with the advice given that he needs to apply at the Norwegian embassy in London. However you state his mother has PR but her son is a Thai passport owner only. What is the sons visa status? Is he currently going through the settlement process?

22 hours ago, Maybole said:

Many large seaports have a Norwegian Consulate, ask one of them. Secondly, He may need a re-entry permit for the UK, Ask Border Police a your nearest major airport.

No such thing as a re-entry permit for the UK, his Immigration status in the UK will determine his right of return.

To avoid any confusion there’s no such thing as the Border Police, the UK Border Force operate the UK Border.