Russia gas export pipeline in jeopardy as Trump signs sanctions bill

rooster59

16 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Er, the UK will be out of the EU. If you are relying on NATO, then NATO relies on the Americans. Maybe Germany should meet it's NATO spend on military commitments like some other EU countries should.

Germany, with ambitious carbon neutral targets, not wanting nuclear power, becomes more and more reliant on Russian gas, piped in by that nice Mr. Putin. What could go wrong?

Errr, I never mentioned anything about who is in what, all i stated was that the UK and France also have Nukes

Yes maybe Germany should...maybe the US should but-out of other countries dealing

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes, far be it from America or any other country to be allowed to choose who they will and won't do business with.

Especially if it effects the German governments hypocrisy.

Yes I agree.....however they are choosing who they do business with just to impose sanctions on other countries/companies trying  to do business with who it chooses to.....but because its does not suit the yanks then Trump has his knickers in a twist and spat his dummy out as per usual  

Edited by Caps
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

the world is tiring of this arrogance..

He’s a stable genius ???? but, I don’t think anyone that needs to tell the world that, is either -in this case, Trump is outclassed by teenagers 

Edited by Redline
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Don't forget that Russia is the only country pointing nuclear weapons at EU countries

Mmm... do you know how guided missiles work? Or that missiles can be reprogrammed, even in flight... I already asked if you would share, didn’t I?

ill pm my address and Kerry can deliver ????????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redline said:

He’s a stable genius ???? but, I don’t think anyone that needs to tell the world that, is either -in this case, Trump is outclassed by teenagers 

Lmao... great point... and not just any teenagers... ya gotta include being outclassed by at least one teeny with a disability.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes, far be it from America or any other country to be allowed to choose who they will and won't do business with.

Especially if it effects the German governments hypocrisy.

Ummm.... isn’t this another case of America determining who can do business with whom

or are you saying America should stop interfering in other sovereign nations business dealings?

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Maybe Germany should meet it's NATO spend on military commitments like some other EU countries should.

Maybe the country crying about EU countries contributions should just pull out of NATO.... after all, that country has, historically, only assisted other nations when it’s in their direct best interest... And let’s not forget that European spending on NATO goes back to the suppliers of armaments. That supplier / country profits... now who wouldn’t that be.?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Tell me which crimes the US commit in the EU.  Are there US nuclear weapons pointed at EU cities ?

Because of what the US did to Sadam and the region Europe is now flooded with refugees.....and they even helped Bush in his actions to stop the weapons of mass destruction which were never ever found.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Youlike said:

Because of what the US did to Sadam and the region Europe is now flooded with refugees.....and they even helped Bush in his actions to stop the weapons of mass destruction which were never ever found.

Why don’t you ask Tony Blair !!! I’m sure he knows. ????

Europe (especially UK) and US are always together, even though they sometimes have different opinions. 

• Like 1

Buying Russian gas is giving Putin billions that will be spent the Russian military that could one day be used against us. Trump is smart by stopping Russa get the funds it needs to modernise its military and to build the very nukes that are aimed at the West. Let us not forget Ukraine and the Russian nerve gas attack on British soil, just to name two among many instances of Putin's  belligerence. Right at this moment while you are sitting relaxing reading this post maybe enjoying a beer or two young men and woman from the NATO alliance are guarding our allies in the Baltic states. The last thing Germany and the West should do is give Russia the means to destroy us.

Edited by MRDave
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MRDave said:

Buying Russian gas is giving Putin billions that will be spent the Russian military that could one day be used against us. Trump is smart by stopping Russa get the funds it needs to modernise its military and to build the very nukes that are aimed at the West. Let us not forget Ukraine and the Russian nerve gas attack on British soil, just to name two among many instances of Putin's  belligerence. Right at this moment while you are sitting relaxing reading this post maybe enjoying a beer or two young men and woman from the NATO alliance are guarding our allies in the Baltic states. The last thing Germany and the West should do is give Russia the means to destroy us.

Who is us? And when did Russia attacked you ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, NE1 said:

It wasn't that long ago the E.U. wanted to build a pipeline that took Russia out of the equation as Putin was holding countries to ransom by raising prices and threatening to cut off supplies to Europe.

where was that pipe going to run from and go to.

18 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Paying for Russian gas means paying a criminal and terrorist organisation. Don't forget that Russia is the only country pointing nuclear weapons at EU countries. It's the only country trying to change borders in Europe after WW2. It's the only country occupying territory of other European countries. When you buy Russian gas you pay 2 times. One time for the gas, the other time for the consequences of funding criminals and terrorists.

Germany and Merkel do not care about this. They have a history of committing crimes together with Russia.

Although Trump is a fool, I still prefer gas from other countries, including the US.

Yeah yeah yeah. He's a "fool" like a fox.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Paying for Russian gas means paying a criminal and terrorist organisation. Don't forget that Russia is the only country pointing nuclear weapons at EU countries. It's the only country trying to change borders in Europe after WW2. It's the only country occupying territory of other European countries. When you buy Russian gas you pay 2 times. One time for the gas, the other time for the consequences of funding criminals and terrorists.

Germany and Merkel do not care about this. They have a history of committing crimes together with Russia.

Although Trump is a fool, I still prefer gas from other countries, including the US.

zzzz

• Thanks 1

USA or Trump thinks it's the police force of the world, if Russia and Germany with other interested parties want to trade gas for something then let them do it, what the hell has America got to do with it.

One of the benefits of the UK withdrawing form the EU, it won't be caught up in this bureaucratic monster!

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

USA or Trump thinks it's the police force of the world, if Russia and Germany with other interested parties want to trade gas for something then let them do it, what the hell has America got to do with it.

One of the benefits of the UK withdrawing form the EU, it won't be caught up in this bureaucratic monster!

Agree, but your final sentence makes no sense in this context.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:47 PM, FritsSikkink said:

What a joke, the USA has invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria and a couple more. Is at war nonstop for over 200 years, has military bases all over the world and terrorizes everybody who buys something from countries they don't like.

and yet, with all this power, they still turn Mexico into a failed state by being the number one customer on the planet for narcotics and creating billionaires out of criminals. Perhaps they should clean up their own back yard prior to venturing into European affairs.. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:46 PM, dimitriv said:

Paying for Russian gas means paying a criminal and terrorist organisation

It's soooo much better to pay the Saudi-Arabia regime with the murder Prince and sell him weapons to kill people in Yemen...

29 minutes ago, MRDave said:

Russia is no friend of the West.

I would say a country that is boycotting western companies because they're working on western government's projects is no friend of the west.