Jomtien Combo method

1 minute ago, jastheace said:

yep, works for me, what clear guidance do you need ? many options you know, depends on yr situation and expectations.

is there any minimum balance required during the year?

So Jomtien has checked your monthly transfers and balance and no issues? any other requirements?

Combo-methods??? I read what you guys write, but do not understand it. I thought that a combo-method includes an income-letter from your embassy and on top of that a sum of money in a thaibank in your own name. I thought THAT was a combo..

So plse explain to me so I know for the future.... What kind of combo do you have and is that really a combo??

thanks

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

8 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Combo-methods??? I read what you guys write, but do not understand it. I thought that a combo-method includes an income-letter from your embassy and on top of that a sum of money in a thaibank in your own name. I thought THAT was a combo..

So plse explain to me so I know for the future.... What kind of combo do you have and is that really a combo??

thanks

glegolo

As I understand it you must show monthly transfers to a Thai bank acount as well as a sum in a thai account. If that combined adds up to the 800k per year it will be sufficent.

I might be wrong, and it might be different from office to office too.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I thought that a combo-method includes an income-letter from your embassy and on top of that a sum of money in a thaibank in your own name. I thought THAT was a combo..

Obviously an income letter (Sta Dec, affidavit whatever)  from an Embassy is impossible for UK, USA and Oz Expats. Yes I hear of some IOs insisting on one for combination method, but I suspect it is only a few. Jomtien has been accepting combi. 

Edited by jacko45k

22 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

As I understand it you must show monthly transfers to a Thai bank acount as well as a sum in a thai account. If that combined adds up to the 800k per year it will be sufficent.

I might be wrong, and it might be different from office to office too.

Aha,,, maybe it is like this: Thai immigration, they have made "special" treatment for those countries that do not want to offer their citizens an income-letter??? For the rest of us there is an income-letter involved.......

glegolo

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm still waiting to see 1 post of someone actually doing it. I posted a similar thread 6 months ago and I can't recall one person

I recall reading of at least one successfully doing this... but it isn't easy to find it here!

I think if you have proof of 12 months of transfers from abroad it will possible to do the combination of your total income and money in the bank to reach 800k baht. I think the problem with not wanting to do them was with less than 12 months of transfers.

With proof of income from your embassy it would certainly not be a problem.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think if you have proof of 12 months of transfers from abroad it will possible to do the combination of your total income and money in the bank to reach 800k baht. I think the problem with not wanting to do them was with less than 12 months of transfers.

With proof of income from your embassy it would certainly not be a problem.

Being a Brit I won't have proof of income from the embassy, it will be monthly money transferred from my UK bank account. I'm 50 so no pension until much later

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Being a Brit I won't have proof of income from the embassy, it will be monthly money transferred from my UK bank account. I'm 50 so no pension until much later

The income does not have to be from a pension. The basic requirement is proof of the source of the income if asked for.

This from the police order.

image.png.04c3d16068fde6a4a534d5e57aed8bef.png

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The income does not have to be from a pension. The basic requirement is proof of the source of the income if asked for.

This from the police order.

image.png.04c3d16068fde6a4a534d5e57aed8bef.png

Yeah currently it's being transferred from cash which is previous years earnings incl dividends salary interest rent. I can't see them understanding that explanation

Edited by scubascuba3

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah currently it's being transferred from cash which is previous years earnings incl dividends salary interest rent. I can't see them understanding that explanation

Showing a statement from the bank that the funds are transferred from should be enough. They just want proof that it is not earned here or that you are not running it in a loop to here and then back again to your account in the UK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Showing a statement from the bank that the funds are transferred from should be enough. They just want proof that it is not earned here or that you are not running it in a loop to here and then back again to your account in the UK.

I'll probably kick off the regular transfers soon then but would be nice to hear from people who do it now

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'll probably kick off the regular transfers soon then but would be nice to hear from people who do it now

Two fellow members of the Pattaya City Expats Club have reported successfully using the Combination method at Jomtien Immigration Office and had to show evidence of monthly transfers since they were from USA.  As I recall, in both cases they had at least 400,000 baht in their Thai bank account and used their monthly transfers to show the combination met the 800,000 baht requirement.

In both cases, they provided a document from their pension provider showing the monthly amount received -- But, when I asked, they both had voluntarily provided it with their documentation, so whether Jomtien will require such a document I cannot say but would also be interested in any firsthand reports whether Immigration did or did not ask for such a document when using the Combo method.  Also, as I recall, there is still an unanswered question about whether there is a minimum balance required -- reading the Immigration rule, it is not clear as the section on the combo method does or does not require a minimum of 400k at all times.  Again, a firsthand report on the experience from someone with less than 400k balance applying for their retirement extension using the combo method.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, glegolo said:

thanks

glegolo

That IS the combo method, I did for first time one month ago at jomtien. Had previously used 800k in bank mrthod.

Only difference, I had to get embassy letter to confirm my FTT transfers for my pension. 

Was all very quick at immigration. 

5 minutes ago, murraynz said:

That IS the combo method, I did for first time one month ago at jomtien. Had previously used 800k in bank mrthod.

Only difference, I had to get embassy letter to confirm my FTT transfers for my pension. 

Was all very quick at immigration. 

That's the worry, that they insist on embassy letter.

Did they ask for the embassy letter or did you volunteer it?

Also, did they add everything up to check 800k? no seeding period for you?

12 hours ago, glegolo said:

thanks

glegolo

The combo method is one part income from pension and one part money in a thai bank. Added up is has to be at least 800k. If you still can obtain an income letter from your embassy/consulate,then there's no problem what so ever. I have heard about problems with the combo method if coming from the US,UK or Australia and not having an income letter. True or not, I don't know. 

I supplied the embassy letter from my affidavit. The Imm.officer said very little to me, only asking me to sign some of my pages. 

I don't know if he added the figures up, but my bank was about 640k and income totals420pa. So I was well over the 800k requirement. 

He did all this extremely fast.

No complaints from me.. Previous years with my 800k untouched, there was always another problem?? 

Saw the same guy.. It depends. On their moods I think..... 

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

I supplied the embassy letter from my affidavit. The Imm.officer said very little to me, only asking me to sign some of my pages. 

I don't know if he added the figures up, but my bank was about 640k and income totals420pa. So I was well over the 800k requirement. 

He did all this extremely fast.

No complaints from me.. Previous years with my 800k untouched, there was always another problem?? 

Saw the same guy.. It depends. On their moods I think..... 

If you had a Fixed Deposit Account then the money normally is untouched except for the interest. But if you had a savings account earlier and it was untouched,then I understand why he was suspicious. They want a savings account to be active. With an income letter the combo method is a walk in the park at Jomtien Immigration. 

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm still waiting to see 1 post of someone actually doing it. I posted a similar thread 6 months ago and I can't recall one person

Yeah I posted about a week ago if anyone has done this in Phuket and not one response from anyone in Phuket.  Just speculation on other issues.  Combo method, US or Brit.  ?   

2 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Yeah I posted about a week ago if anyone has done this in Phuket and not one response from anyone in Phuket.  Just speculation on other issues.  Combo method, US or Brit.  ?   

I'm a Brit so no Embassy income letter, this also seems to mean Immigration switch off when asking for Combo method, but i was hoping for actual reports

2 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Apparently your topic lead to change on the volunteers website. This posted by one them.

44 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm a Brit so no Embassy income letter, this also seems to mean Immigration switch off when asking for Combo method, but i was hoping for actual reports

I think they were saying no at first due to them thinking people would not have a year of transfers to show.

They probably did not want to deal with estimating a annual income with only a few months of transfers shown since they were accustomed to getting income proof from a embassy showing a monthly income.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:17 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I did the combo method in October no problem, showed them passbook with x amount of baht in it and letter from my pension fund in Australia ( aust. government pension) totalling 800,000thb, no problem. Only thing I was reminded that I would need 12 months copies of bank statements next year. No TM30, No letter to say come back in 30 days show passbook. There you go easy peasy