Netizens rage! Angry Farang locked Thai workers up in dog cage!

webfact

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes we should all believe what someone posts, especially without credible evidence, ahhhhh social media, by the way, I am a male and 6 months pregnant, there you heard it here on TVF first ????

I only believe what is written in books, said in documentaries and said by teachers in school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the dogs are kept in cages most of the time, I would question their quality of life, and would suggest that putting them down would be a kindness. Their life is hardly any better than if they were released to roam the streets for scraps at the mercy of the traffic. 

As a so-called nation of animal lovers, I am surprised at the reluctance of Thai people to deal properly with the question of stray or homeless dogs with an effective programme of rehoming, sterilisation and euthanasia. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

I hate the way they call any one that is not black or Asian a farang ! Why not be more definite and name their nationality ? Oh, its too hard to find out !  

There is worse, I watched the TV report in Thai, I don't understand the language but "Mia Farang" comes up about every second or third word. One would expect Khun xxxxx, but no it seems that our wives lose their humanity once they marry one of us. We have here the epitome of xenophobia.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

I can only imagine how much time they spend sitting around talking/smoking like most Thai workers you see everywhere around the country .

Only imagine Keith. 

37 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

I hate the way they call any one that is not black or Asian a farang ! Why not be more definite and name their nationality ? Oh, its too hard to find out !  

He French.   Farangset

Where are you from sir?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It is mind boggling to me, that society has devolved to the point where a post on social media, is now taken as "news and fact". It means nothing. Less than nothing. A post on social media is less than zero. It has not been vetted, it has not been proven, and it could be completely made up. Social media is lowering the quality of life, for the entire planet. Some forums are functional, like this one. But many are simply inane. And then you have the "influencers". Like I am going to buy a product due to what they say? I may be showing my age here, a bit, but the entire social media thing seems a bit ridiculous to me.

And then you have this whole online rage thing. Really? Do you have a life? Do you not have anything better to do with your time, then rage against these silly posts? I know I tend to vent a bit on this forum, but somehow it seems less contrived. Am I living in a state of delusion, or is some of this close to the mark?

Post #18

Wow had to pay 1.8 baht....I could handle that...

his methods might be wrong, but how many farangs here can say they employ Thais on a regular basis other than their nightly or weekly catch?

probably has extended the lives of many dogs and it aligns with how the Thai culture wishes to handle the soi dog population.....vs the impractical and ridiculous western attitude of many here of kill ‘em all...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

probably was true because the way the police work here is to do nothing if a thai will get in trouble when a farang is involved therefore the farang also wont get in trouble. Thais dont look nicely on cruelty to animals so blame the farang and everyones happy????

Same sort of thing happens to me every couple days with my retarted neighbors????

"with my retarted neighbors"

WOW! you must be highly advanced! Why live in such conditions?

Would anyone be surprised when natives hate foreigners who act so advanced in a retarded society?

????????????????

Edited by ravip
Add
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is mind boggling to me, that society has devolved to the point where a post on social media, is now taken as "news and fact". It means nothing. Less than nothing. A post on social media is less than zero. It has not been vetted, it has not been proven, and it could be completely made up. Social media is lowering the quality of life, for the entire planet. Some forums are functional, like this one. But many are simply inane. And then you have the "influencers". Like I am going to buy a product due to what they say? I may be showing my age here, a bit, but the entire social media thing seems a bit ridiculous to me.

And then you have this whole online rage thing. Really? Do you have a life? Do you not have anything better to do with your time, then rage against these silly posts? I know I tend to vent a bit on this forum, but somehow it seems less contrived. Am I living in a state of delusion, or is some of this close to the mark?

Pot, kettle, black.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Wow had to pay 1.8 baht....I could handle that...

his methods might be wrong, but how many farangs here can say they employ Thais on a regular basis other than their nightly or weekly catch?

probably has extended the lives of many dogs and it aligns with how the Thai culture wishes to handle the soi dog population.....vs the impractical and ridiculous western attitude of many here of kill ‘em all...

Trying doing some research on the guy. He is currently under investigation for tax problems, misspending money and putting dogs down with no veterinary qualifications. There are a lot of reports of him mistreating his staff on a regular basis and it looks like other charities are trying to take over his shelter to sort out the mess he has made. 

• Haha 1

What is sad is not this made up story but the fact that so called Netizens or Thai people do not realise how good a life Thai people lead in countries like the UK and Germany and most of Europe. I can speak for the UK, Germany and Austria from many years living in these countries. The Thai people who always appear to slur our names here in Thailand enjoy the following in the 3 countries mentioned. Just some of the benefits are listed here:

You are treated with respect as equals and pay the same price for everything that local citizen pay. No mark ups because you are a Thai or foreigner

You can buy property (if you have money) in your own name

You can open your own business legally, easily and without fuss.

You do not have to report to immigration in any way until your visa ends

You are allowed to buy cars, motorcycles etc in your own name

You never read a story in a UK or other country newspaper about 'Thai People being harrassed etc"

You are treated as equals by local and can apply for citizenship after a number of years

I could go on and on about schooling, Universities, medical treatment etc etc. This is why so many tens of thousands of Thai's visit Europe and never come back (my own ex Thai wife is included) 

All I can say to the Thai people who are so critical of farangs is go get an interesting life of your own and make the best of your life and leave other non Thai people alone!!

Merry Christmas

Edited by Hotrudester
  • Thanks 2