Dukes

Donnyboy

Interesting thought about whether or not to ban discussion on named businesses.

However, I see that the Chiang Mai forum is "sponsored by" a local business, and their advertising banner is displayed here.

Be interested to know how this works re fairness.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai Visa needs advertising to survive and any banners are obviously paid advertising.

I don't see any conflicts there. :o

Seconded.

For the record, there have been occasions in other ThaiVisa subforums where the advertising sponsor has misused their sponsorship to effectively spam the members reading that particular forum. Such sponsors are quietly warned about such unwanted advertising and they are requested to "toe the line".

"Thai Visa needs advertising to survive and any banners are obviously paid advertising.

I don't see any conflicts there. :o"

Me neither. They need that $$ so they can pay all their Super Moderators so they can go eat at Dukes all the time. I look fwd to the day when I'm invited into their ranks and can put down the 20 baht noodles and opt for pizza and burgers instead. I'll also drive a fancy car and live in a housing estate....some day....

"Thai Visa needs advertising to survive and any banners are obviously paid advertising.

I don't see any conflicts there. :D"

Me neither. They need that $$ so they can pay all their Super Moderators so they can go eat at Dukes all the time. I look fwd to the day when I'm invited into their ranks and can put down the 20 baht noodles and opt for pizza and burgers instead. I'll also drive a fancy car and live in a housing estate....some day....

Maybe that is why they all claim to hate the place?

They get in arguments with the rest of us and have to keep going down there to write new "reviews" to keep stirring the pot and Thai Visa pays all the bills.

"The imported French champayne, Russian caviar and American steaks are just deplorable"! :o

I don't see any conflicts there. :D"

Maybe that is why they all claim to hate the place?

Hmmm I don't see the reasoning here, UG. They claim to hate the place because they're getting paid? More likely the shills are getting paid :o .... just kidding.

At any rate, mods don't get paid. I'd rather eat 20B noodles anyway.

I had just read the "Symtoms of a Stroke" thread in the health forum and I was getting ready to make an appointment with Ram Hospital! :o

:D Lucky you! They (stroke) definately turn your world upside down...

Some posts have been deleted.

Please note that discussion about the moderators is not going to happen.

You have been warned.

Isn't that a bit harsh coming from a Pattaya sophisticate jumping into the fray with us country bumpkins . . .

:o

But in order to stay on topic . . . has the new branch opened yet, it looked mighty impressive when I drove past the other day and (to tie in with these divergent themes) wouldn't a Pattaya branch go down well?

:D

JxP

Edited by JuniorExPat

"Some posts have been deleted.

Please note that discussion about the moderators is not going to happen....."

I too was trying to keep it light. All the SM's seem pretty cool and balanced to me. I look fwd to meeting a couple of the local CM ones during Songkran too. I figured it was a probono operation anyway. I just thought I'd see who how and what kind of bites I'd get with the big $$ for SM's remark.

This thread is meandering anyway.... I think. And so will I if I don't stop typing - I justr downed two TIFFY <deleted>'s as I seem to have caught this cold that a few ppl have. I got coughed on at the gym two days ago and the tgf's been sneezing for three. Now I've got a little something wearing me down....seems weird for the height of the hot dry season.

TIFFY <deleted> certainly not goood for typing skills.

So I guess the pt is there's gonna be a second Dukes. And Dukes makes good food. And people want to try it. THERE: I summed it up.

Thanks TIFFY <deleted> !