Family/couple therapy

Cristiancjb

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone here know about some recommended family/couple therapist in Chiang Mai. The reason is basically that me and my Thai girlfriend (and now mother of our child) sometimes get into fights/arguments that seem to be due to our differences in culture/religion, or simply opinions. In case we would need it some day, I would like to know about some place where we can go to "solve" these problems so that they don't become a major problem in the future, since my purpose is to keep the family whole!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

On 12/25/2019 at 8:16 PM, Cristiancjb said:

She speaks English, so it is not really a language problem even though sometimes, misunderstandings happen due to that

It will help if you learn Thai. The person who recognizes that there is a problem is the one who has to become willing to change. Are you planning to stay in Thailand? Being able to speak Thai is very helpful. When I decided many years ago that I was going to return to Thailand I also realized that I was not going to be living in places where a lot of people speak English. It's also helpful if you calm down and realize that it's not going to kill you to be wrong.

Expect the worse if you are already experiencing problems now. I and almost anyone I know have the same, eventually divorced (some after 2 years, some after a decade). I think family therapy would be a joke in CM / Thailand as the therapist most likely knows just as little about your culture / western culture.

Sorry to inform you Thais in general dont conform to western ideas....they will default to there traditional ways always, as someone above said your the one going to have to do the changing, if you cant get out before you loose your marbles..

Archived