Overdoing it at Xmas

bangkok blue

I recently celebrated my 2nd sober year ( X 2 1st years) 

I have now had 2 sober Xmas and 1 hungover Xmas in last 3 years.

The 2 sober Xmas are 100 times better than the drunk ones.

If anyone reading this is struggling and wants to start off 2020 with a life of more fun and less problems, my PMs are always open!

Su Su & Merry Christmas!

I seem to suffer from Boxing Day hangovers!

And then my birthday on 28th, here we go again.

Then New Year seems to creep up.

I am REALLY going to try to have a sober New Year. But on the other hand if Liverpool and Leicester lose all their games and Man City win, my resolution is up the creek.

Im truly going for it in the new year. im just tired of feeling old and on the verge of a heart attack. im thinking of taking up meditation or some such activity.

A big problem is my wife's insistence that she will carry on partying so it could mean living seperate lives.

6 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Im truly going for it in the new year. im just tired of feeling old and on the verge of a heart attack. im thinking of taking up meditation or some such activity.

A big problem is my wife's insistence that she will carry on partying so it could mean living seperate lives.

Is meditation not INACTIVITY.

All the best for 2020 everyone!

Remember, things can change. If you are struggling help is out there.

And just for the <deleted>in record.... It does not have to be AA, there are other support groups out there... HAMS, SMART Recovery, OYNB, Club Soda, just to name a few. Or reach out to me and others on here.

Joining a crossfit gym / HIIT training gym has also helped my mental state massively and is another great opportunity to change the friends in your sandpit to ones of a more healthier mindset.

Archived