Hacked By The Hacking King -where Did It Come From? How Do I Get Rid Of It?

Bentley 7

I wonder if anyone could help me.

Recently appeared on the blue bar at the top of the screen in Internet Explorer the name of the page visited followed by the words - Hacked by the Hacking King

so in this case it is Thailand Forum -Hacked by the Hacking King

I have all the protections for virus and cleaners but it hasnt managed to clear it.

Has anyone experienced this? Where did it come from and how do I get rid of this?

And am I exposed and vulnerable?

Your asistance is appreciated.

there are some third party tweeking programs that allow you to insert a custom title here ,

tune up utilities is one ,

perhaps you could download the trial and fix it before it runs out ...............

better to wait though ,

someone here will know :o

I doubt very much that you have actually been 'hacked' it's probably just a script that has been installed when you upgraded or installed a recent program, i can offer a link to show how to delete or change it though.

Link

Just follow the instructions to delete it completely or enter your own text.

No guarantee's that, it you have a virus, it wont come back after a reboot though. Have to suck it and see i'm afraid.

Edited by thai121

There's no info anywhere I can find on it but I'd bet money its that godzilla virus that is spread mostly on infected thumbdrives and mp3 players.

There's all the info you need here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96863

What Antivirus are you using?

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ (Internet Explorer is just asking for trouble)

"Hacking king" my ass, these things can be written by a ten year old. This wannabe is no hacker, he's just an annoyance.

Thanks Thai 121 found it in registry deleted it but it keeps coming back

Its driving me crazy

You will probably have to switch off system recovery tools as well. The problem with this kind of thing is taht it usually includes a re-install function on start up.

Regards

This is a simple case of suspicious browser hijacking attempt : you have a spyware (activeX) that is loaded with IE/Explorer and maintain the registry key if you try to remove it manually. I use hijackthis to get rid of these, note that you need good computer (and windows) comprehension before using this kind of tools.