Shower Heads

wgdanson

After seeing them advertised as 'the shower head taking over USA' and similar for UK, when I looked they were $75 and £45. Plastic shower heads with some sort of beads inside which are supposed to clean the water, and very fine holes so the spray is stronger. Looked on Lazada and got three for Bht 247 ! Yep, and they worked. Unfortunatley my water here is not too clean so they clogged up with green stuff fairly quickly. But a nice shower nontheless.

Knowing I was going to UK last month, I saw some on Amazon, same thing but with LEDs in the head which change colour and speed with the water flow.....£7.95. Bought two.

Got thru customs OK! Fitted one to my shower and hey presto, flashing colour-changing lights (You can only see if you shower in the dark though) Very amusing little gadget.

NOW HERE's THE BIGGIE. How do they work? IS there some sort of mini hydro-electric generator inside? I haven't taken one apart yet so don't know if there is a battery and switch inside.

COME ON CROSSY, you're the expert on these sort of things, or anyone else.

With 5 shower heads you must be "Squeaky" clean.  PS they must have batteries in them,and work like 

the LED lights you screw on the valves on a bicycle,which only work when the wheel is going around,

when centrifugal force connects the battery to the bulb, it will do the same, with water pressure,......i think.

regards worgeordie

7 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Can you post a link to where you bought it on Lazada?

Just search SHOWER HEADS. There are loads of companies, as usual selling the same tatt with the same photo for greatly varying prices.

2 hours ago, Daffy D said:

From all that I can find it is the obvious.

A small water powered turbine with generator.

"micro hydro generator".

I missed so much over the years :smile:

Plenty on sale all over the world.

Archived