License Plate Mounting?

SilentSal

Hello everyone,

I recently received my first license plate and i'm quite confused as to how to mount it. There are no screw holes on the plate itself. The mount i have for my motorcycle has screw holes for mounting but i'm not sure what to do. Also i don't have a license plate frame. 

How did you guys mount your plates? 

Option 1: a frame

Option 2: I don't know the name of that service but you can get shops to put bolts on your number. You give them the license plate and then that is put into a very tight more or less invisible frame with bolts.

Don't ask me how it's called but it seems to be common here. Ask in a motorcycle shop.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 7:59 AM, jackdd said:

Then i would suggest you buy one, unless you want to drill holes in the license plate.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drill holes in them, although I have done in the past and the bike still passed the por lor bor check.

Better to buy a bracket, they are very cheap.

I think you can drill holes in the plate..but you're not supposed to cut/trim them in a way that removes the embossed logo  on the corner

also you're not supposed to paint them if as is common the paint fades.

best solution is the number plate frame  which then bolts to the  rear mudguard.

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

into a very tight more or less invisible frame with bolts.

Yes, use a frame.

Surprising that you got a bike without.

Lots of frames available.

If you like you can buy the Hello Kitty model :biggrin:

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Option 2: I don't know the name of that service but you can get shops to put bolts on your number. You give them the license plate and then that is put into a very tight more or less invisible frame with bolts.

Don't ask me how it's called but it seems to be common here. Ask in a motorcycle shop.

Here is a picture of that "frame". It's molded around the number plate and now the number plate and that "frame" are one piece and can't be easily separated.

983572828_Tail2.jpg.d4249f01152930390e4bdc8f57893821.jpg

• Like 1