What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

I recently watched Cursed series, and at the end of it really wanted to puke. Perfect example of how not to do Arthurian lore...

Also, perfect example of woke....

The only character I liked was Merlin, and that's probably because Gustaf Skarsgård did such a good role in Vikings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I recently watched Cursed series, and at the end of it really wanted to puke. Perfect example of how not to do Arthurian lore...

Also, perfect example of woke....

The only character I liked was Merlin, and that's probably because Gustaf Skarsgård did such a good role in Vikings.

Speaking of "Vikings", have you seen "Norsemen" on Netflix? It's a very clever, very funny spoof of "Vikings". Although when I watched the first 2 seasons, I wasn't even aware that "Vikings" existed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thaibreakfast said:

Speaking of "Vikings", have you seen "Norsemen" on Netflix? It's a very clever, very funny spoof of "Vikings". Although when I watched the first 2 seasons, I wasn't even aware that "Vikings" existed. 

Did not watch Norsemen, but being Scandinavian production must be good, it's being ordered as we speak. Thanks for the tip!

At least we haven't seen any black Vikings yet!...LOL

59 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Did not watch Norsemen, but being Scandinavian production must be good, it's being ordered as we speak. Thanks for the tip!

That's because they weren't travelling towards the black sea.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibreakfast said:

I highly recommend the 1989 version of The Woman in Black. (Not the Daniel Radcliffe version) The most disturbing ghost story I have ever seen. It's available on TPB.

Here's a link to an article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/aug/07/the-woman-in-black-britain-horror-film-herbert-wise

Reminds me, I watched Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) for the first time since it came out. It holds up pretty well for what it tries to do. I'd always remembered the "dancing amid the plague" scene. Decent pandemic movie, along with 12 Monkeys. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079641/

17 hours ago, thaibreakfast said:

I highly recommend the 1989 version of The Woman in Black. (Not the Daniel Radcliffe version) The most disturbing ghost story I have ever seen. It's available on TPB.

Here's a link to an article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/aug/07/the-woman-in-black-britain-horror-film-herbert-wise

Downloaded  two copies but the quality was so bad they were totally unwatchable.

24 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Two days ago downloaded from PB, but maybe old copies. Haven't seen any DVD releases.

There's a copy available on 1337x (1st page The woman in black).

I've downloaded it and watched some of it. It seems a reasonable copy.

If you want the subs, they're no. 5 in the list.

8 minutes ago, newatthis said:

There's a copy available on 1337x (1st page The woman in black).

I've downloaded it and watched some of it. It seems a reasonable copy.

If you want the subs, they're no. 5 in the list.

Thanks, will give it a shot. Nope, just tried it, blurry as hell, and that's on my PC monitor, can't imagine what it would like on a 55 inch HD TV.

Edited by giddyup

On 8/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, SpaceKadet said:

you wait ,soon ,trans ones ,even one in a wheelchair , oh and a black one married to a white one.must be inclusive????

Tried to watch the movie "Tesla" last night and having served an electrical apprenticeship I thought I would be interested in it, but stopped watching it halfway through because it was a boring, patchy movie which IMO was poorly made!!

A better movie on the subject, for me anyway, was "The Current War" starring Benedict Cumberbatch and that is worth a watch.

Also watched, "An Inspector Calls" with David Thewlis and found it intriguing (esp the ending).

• Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, xylophone said:

Tried to watch the movie "Tesla" last night and having served an electrical apprenticeship I thought I would be interested in it, but stopped watching it halfway through because it was a boring, patchy movie which IMO was poorly made!!

A better movie on the subject, for me anyway, was "The Current War" starring Benedict Cumberbatch and that is worth a watch.

Also watched, "An Inspector Calls" with David Thewlis and found it intriguing (esp the ending).

I agree Tesla was a very boring watch I sat and watched it all

• Sad 1

On 8/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, giddyup said:

Peep Show Seasons 1-9 available at the usual sites for download. Was one of the funniest Brit sitcoms on TV.

There was a tv series called “ Back “ in 2017 ( season 2 supposedly this year ) starring Mitchell and Webb which was good and recommended for Peep Show fans. Mitchell and Webb retain some of their Peep show characteristics .

I watched it on All4 . 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There was a tv series called “ Back “ in 2017 ( season 2 supposedly this year ) starring Mitchell and Webb which was good and recommended for Peep Show fans. Mitchell and Webb retain some of their Peep show characteristics .

I watched it on All4 . 

Yes, I watched "Back", disappointed that there was only one season. There was also a series called "Our Ex Wife" with Robert Webb, but I think they only ever made the pilot which was a shame.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, xylophone said:

Made in Italy is an easy-going movie featuring some lovely Italian countryside, along with Liam Neeson.......worth a watch IMO.

Good scenery was about all it had going for it. Had some of the corniest, trite scenes and dialogue I've ever seen in a movie.

" The Great " 

TV serie,

different approach of the life of Catherine, the empress of Russia.

Funny, scabrous dialogues.

Good acting from Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult.

With the now necessary sex, nude scenes, and

some gore.

"Closed Circuit" (2013)

Nice little spy/terrorist thriller set in London.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2218003/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Also in the process of watching "Two Thousand Acres of Sky" 

Two Thousand Acres of Sky tells the story of single mum Abby Wallace, who escapes her inner city lifestyle with her two children to a small Scottish village.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287276/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Three seasons available from Chaos and possibly other places.

On 8/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, xylophone said:

Could not get through Tesla at all, he is the most over hyped character on the internet. Sold one invention to Westinghouse and that was it, actually the 3 phase ac motor was invented 2 years before by an Italian, Tesla was just good at patenting work. His next big one the Tesla coil was just a major inprovemnet on something Hertz invented and his nonsense wi fi electricity was never going to work. Nobody stole his ideas, nobody stopped him doing anything and he never invented a death ray, x rays, sonar, time machine or any of the other nonsense people like to claim he did. Current wars is a much more balanced view of the ac/dc competition as Tesla rightly plays a minor role.

• Like 2