What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You must only be watching it for the T&A, an IMDB score of 2.8 says it all.

I got a T&A Gift Certificate for my birthday.

At first I was thrilled, but then I saw the logo in the upper right-corner... ????

T&A Gift Certificate.jpg

• Like 1

Class Action Park (2020)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11015214/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Not as boring as it sounds, actually quite interesting and amusing  :thumbsup:

Documentary on America's most Dangerous Water Park

A documentary that focuses on a dangerously legendary water park and its slew of injuries and crimes along with child safety concerns.

Available on RARBG

Edited by Daffy D
Add Availability :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

You must only be watching it for the T&A, an IMDB score of 2.8 says it all.

(o)(o) loved it! and being a short film, I actually watched it 4 times, so no need to pause/interrupt and repeat the 'nice' bits. Was more fun than a whole night watching the same Blazing Saddles again'n'again

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

Watched (again), "We were Soldiers" and enjoyed it.

I am watching some of the older movies as cannot seem to find much of interest in recent releases........am I missing some??

Nope! Watched that same move last weekend after watching Ken Burns "Vietnam War" doc.

Before that it was "Gorky Park"; "Harry Brown"; "Gettysburg."

"Condor S02" and "Perry Mason" were OK.

Watched "Rogue".....you missed nothing.

At the moment I'm going through Tom Clancy's "Jack Ryan" movies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Nope! Watched that same move last weekend after watching Ken Burns "Vietnam War" doc.

Ah Gorky Park is one I should download, thanks!

And the Jack Ryan movies I should revisit.

• Like 1

Crime Beat  Canadian TV--A True crime series -------- Season 2 starts early Sept

Its probable that season 1 was covered by will27 or someone as it started in March this year. But if you want to view an episode of season 1 its around on pirates or full episodes on You-tube etc. Season 1 had 12 episodes & IMDB gave it 7.7

-----------------------------------

Looking into some of Canada's most infamous criminal cases with extensive archives and intimate interviews and exploring the lasting impacts on the community and justice system

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 12:18 PM, newatthis said:

I am eagerly waiting for this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499097

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Cops Vs Criminals

its on Chaos ...now

Maybe I am looking at a different episode faraday.....because its 27 August.....

Cops vs Criminals
This episode of the documentary follows Hampshire Police's Chief Constable Olivia Pinkney and her officers, as they tackle offending in two areas of serious crime - domestic violence and historic sex offences. In Southampton, Detective Sergeant Will Whale, who's been with the police for more than 30 years, is leading the team navigating the domestic abuse cases. Meanwhile, Detective Constable Paul Longhurst is working toward the trial of a PE teacher accused of sexually abusing a number of his pupils.

Edited by sanuk711

The Dark Shadow of Murder                             BBC Scotland  1/9/2020

Moira Jones was abducted yards from her home in Glasgow and forced into a nearby park, where she was raped and murdered.

As her family struggled to come to terms with their loss and the brutal nature of her death, her mother, Bea, started to write a diary.

More than a decade later, she has shared that journal with BBC Scotland and recorded her words for documentary.

• Like 1

As there is not a lot of new stuff out to watch, I have been looking at an

Italian crime series on BBC iPlayer, Inspector Montalbano and also the

Young Montalbano, the stories are very good,and been in Italian there

are some very good subtitles,and you can pick up a bit of Italian.

Ciao Worgeordie

• Like 1

CB Strike series 3 has started on BBC iplayer, Holliday Grainger is one of the best actresses of her generation, and the leading man having one leg and a hair lip with a black gf ticks a few boxes.  ???? Written by that Harry Potter woman.

Edited by Orton Rd

Watched all episodes of Mindhunter. An excruciatingly slow series, that lives of its supposed real life details and it does stay true to the book in many areas. However, Ann Burgess, who is very much heterosexual with a husband and children and a nursing academic, was turned into a lesbian. You see this a lot now of course, we had South Park's Token, but now it's lesbians and gays that apparently have to be included in many series. Anyway, despite this peculiar violation of its real life credentials I stayed with Mindhunter, but wish I hadn't. A slow and bleak  series, avoid.

Now watching Cobra Kai, which is unbelievably stupid and poorly written. I should have learned my lesson when Will Smith's kid ruined one of the greatest films of the 80s, but could not resist a sequel to Karate Kid. It's really awful unfortunately.

You have been warned.

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

Now watching Cobra Kai, which is unbelievably stupid and poorly written.

I started it as well. It's 80's nostalgia, at least first few that I've seen. Probably turns into some woke girlie thing later. 

One show I enjoy that's for some reason listed twice on Netflix is the Japanese Midnight Diner. It's a simple format that feels comforting, like sitting at the izakaya yourself. One episode every now and then.

53 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I started it as well. It's 80's nostalgia, at least first few that I've seen. Probably turns into some woke girlie thing later. 

One show I enjoy that's for some reason listed twice on Netflix is the Japanese Midnight Diner. It's a simple format that feels comforting, like sitting at the izakaya yourself. One episode every now and then.

Yah, absoutely Cobra Kai is woke central now, they've crossed off all the list, disabled kid with cleft lip, check, grossly obese black girl, check, Latino boy, check, nerds etc, when Karate Kid the original was a beautiful story and nothing like this. I'm curious why they're making Johnny Lawrence into a good guy so I will keep watching this.

That Japanese Midnight Diner sounds great, I will check that out, thanks.