PM Prayut concerned over drought situation

webfact

22 hours ago, CGW said:

Why build bigger dams when current dams are empty and have been for years.

Ban Songkran! what difference would that make, doesn't that "drop in the ocean" eventually end up back in the dams or ground, or does it just disappear?

Flood waters tend to disperse quickly, would that not be an issue having spent trillions on infrastructure to pump water that very inconsistently floods areas?

Next!

If you've ever witnessed Pattaya's version of Songkran, you would not call it a drop in the ocean!  It does just disappear back into the ocean AKA Pattaya Bay AKA cesspit without being collected taking most of Pattaya beach with it.

Living in Pattaya for the best part of 15 years I can tell you certain areas are consistently flooded several times a month just six kms from Maprachan reservoir.

I think that the situation might even be understated. We are close to the Ubol Ratana reservoir. I have never seen it so low. Where the waters used to lap at the edge of the road now there is a vista of fields as far as the eye can see and no water in sight. A nearby village had created two reservoirs. one on each side of the road. They are normally pretty full. Today one is empty and the other less than half full.  And it's only early January with a good four months before any meaningful rain likely. Some people are going to be pretty desperate. I just hope that our well keeps working. I try and tell my family to start conserving water but they have no conception of the future!