Imported water, water, everywhere

BKKBike09

With all the fuss about plastic bags I felt like venting about my personal bugbear: restaurants / bars where the only water on offer is ridiculously over-priced imported brands, like Evain, Panna Cotta, Bidet etc etc (I may have got some of the names slightly wrong). Perfect for slaking the thirst of urban hipsters as they discuss their enviro-friendly bag for life choices and how many banana trees to plant on a vacant plot of land in the city in order to re-classify it as 'agricultural land' under the new land and building tax regs.

I think the government should introduce legislation to make it mandatory for all restaurants and bars to offer locally-bottled water.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

With all the fuss about plastic bags I felt like venting about my personal bugbear: restaurants / bars where the only water on offer is ridiculously over-priced imported brands, like Evain, Panna Cotta, Bidet etc etc

I'm thinking the "Bidet" brand that you mention might be quite tasty. Good to the last drop!

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

I think the government should introduce legislation to make it mandatory for all restaurants and bars to offer locally-bottled water.

???? Why bottled water?? A purifier works perfect, i drink from it all days long.

• Like 1

There are so many restaurants offering local water, just vote with your feet, i don't think the government has to intervene.

If they were to intervene they should enact a law which says that places serving food have to offer free drinking water.