2020 Drinking Resolutions

bangkok blue

From a spiritual POV, my alcohol abstinence after a lifetime of drinking was an obligation I had to face and conquer. One more contractual challenge completed - and best wishes for everyone who is considering the challenge.

IMO, I have no doubt that we ALL have life challenges to address - it's the whole purpose of evolving the soul. In my case I 'know' I've lived at least two lives on Earth, and no doubt I shall return after passing, at some future point to further my knowledge.

let's hope this planet is a better place, though, and not destroyed by mankind.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 3:49 PM, Classic Ray said:

Started my annual one month abstinence to prove to myself I am not an alcoholic, I just like to drink. Worked for last thirty years, I know it’s not as good as having regular days per week but I’m happy doing what I do. 

That doesn't mean you're not an alcoholic.

Simple test, have one drink at lunch time and then just one more at dinner time.

If you can't do that, you are an alcoholic.

If you can, you are not an alcoholic.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it is about where your thoughts go, when drinking.

I have now been off it for 14 months, previous to that just over 12 months and prior to that 5 & 1/2 months.

My state of thought processing is far better.

I had some friends here from UK and they wanted to go Nana. One commented how a lot of guys down there seemed lost in their own world, eyes glazed over.... That precisely how I felt at the end of my drinking career. In some ways I was a little jealous that they could drink with seeming impunity and not let it get to them, mentally. For me the 1st drink unleashes the anchor and away I go, spinning thoughts and what could have beens through my head. Now I have peace of mind and have learnt to let go!

whether you are drinking, cutting down, or in the process of quitting I hope you are all doing well!

Edited by bangkok blue