KBank not opening new accounts for non-Asean people unless on A-O (Retirement)?

19 hours ago, SteveK said:

If you don't like stupid rules which make no sense, you're in the wrong place mate.

Don't keep it a secret. Where are the magic places to be where no one has any complaints about rules, regulations and laws  and everyone agrees on the flawless good sense of politicians, business executives, police et al? 

I'm sure we can all agree we're thrilled by our home countries and beloved embassies.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was told a year ago i needed to have a long stay visa to open a 2nd Kasikorn account, i went to a different branch and a tourist visa was sufficient, also ok at other banks and branches. Just keep trying different branches. In the end I opened a second and third account with Krungsi and Bangkok Bank with a tourist visa, I didn't bother with Kasikorn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silver sea said:

I live in Hua Hin and use the banks in the basement of Bluport. The only one that was difficult was Bangkok Bank: they wanted a Certificate of Residence from Immigration, which would have cost 500 baht so I took my business elsewhere.

I got my Cert of Residence for free when I applied for Bangkok Bank account if you are willing to wait for one or two weeks. 

The other solution would be to show the bank you have a house in Thailand, work permit visa etc, then they can waive Cert of Residence. I opened one in Krungsri without a Cert of Residence.

• Thanks 1