Vientiane Non-O (Thai child) Question

Wondering to see if anyone has any recent reports of obtaining a Non-O visa based on a Thai child in Vientiane. I just want to make sure I have an updated list of the requirements before I leave next week. Thanks for the help in advance. 

If you have gotten precious non-o visas based upon being the parent of a Thai in Vientiane you may need to show financial proof.

You will need their birth certificate and a copy of it and their house book registry.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child at a immigration office.

Yes queue #1. So this will either benefit me or be my downfall. Hopefully they will be more lenient early in the day. But I'm prepared for all scenarios. Will report back later. 

Edited by mcmco

Just returning from Vientiane. Single o visa as father of child. Was no 6 and was in and out in 5 mins yesterday and today. When approaching window to check documents I passed my bank statements first then followed by all other docs. Had 6 month statement from bkk bank showing about 38000b in it and about 370000 in and out in the last 5 months. All went well was through the border by 2.30pm and now getting on the 4.50 pm back to Phuket.  Good luck to all

• Like 2

After reading a few previous reports on thai visa i assumed they have been asking for bank statements for single non o visa for marraige and parent of child. An earlier post from someone said he got refused o for child and returned next day with screenshot of 30k in thai bank and was accepted.After handing over my passport and visa form first i just said here is my bank statement before he asked me then gave him the rest of my documents.Not sure if it has to be in thai bank.I have been Vientiane for the last 3 years once a year for this visa but this time i wasnt as confident as normal.Put it this way i know where and what time the overnight bus departs to savannakhet.All went well .Queue system much better and as i was no 6 i flew through.You do have to pay for visa first day instead of when collecting now.Sure hope it stays like this there as i dont mind going there.

19 hours ago, Stanvac said:

Just returning from Vientiane. Single o visa as father of child. Was no 6 and was in and out in 5 mins yesterday and today. When approaching window to check documents I passed my bank statements first then followed by all other docs. Had 6 month statement from bkk bank showing about 38000b in it and about 370000 in and out in the last 5 months. All went well was through the border by 2.30pm and now getting on the 4.50 pm back to Phuket.  Good luck to all

Great thanks for the info. My financial documents look very similar to yours so we will see what they say. My appointment is next week, will report back then. 

34 minutes ago, ifmu said:

If i understand your post and you are visiting family member than here is the current USA list of docs needed ..

He is not in the US so he certainly will not be applying at the consulate in Los Angeles.

Every embassy and consulate can have their own requirements.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:37 AM, mcmco said:

Great thanks for the info. My financial documents look very similar to yours so we will see what they say. My appointment is next week, will report back then. 

Don't know why you guys don't go to Suvannakhet, Saigon or Hanoi where they don't want any financials, and there are no queues?

For me i go to vientiane because i want to be away for as short as time as possible.I live in Phuket and i get the 2.30 pm flight to Udon.Arrives at 4.20 pm.Get on mini bus 45 mins to border.Get to my hotel around 6.30 pm.Next day embassy in morning then the following day pick up passport at 1.30.Get taxi to border then another one back to udon airport to catch the 4.50 pm flight direct to Phuket.Arrives 6.40 pm.Leave bike at airport  Home by 7.45pm.  All flights and hotel around 5500b. Not been any of the other destinations you mentioned but have had a look and i would be struggling to beat the price or time spent at all of them. The bank statements are not much of a problem as everyone needs money here especially with a child.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, Stanvac said:

For me i go to vientiane because i want to be away for as short as time as possible.I live in Phuket and i get the 2.30 pm flight to Udon.Arrives at 4.20 pm.Get on mini bus 45 mins to border.Get to my hotel around 6.30 pm.Next day embassy in morning then the following day pick up passport at 1.30.Get taxi to border then another one back to udon airport to catch the 4.50 pm flight direct to Phuket.Arrives 6.40 pm.Leave bike at airport  Home by 7.45pm.  All flights and hotel around 5500b. Not been any of the other destinations you mentioned but have had a look and i would be struggling to beat the price or time spent at all of them. The bank statements are not much of a problem as everyone needs money here especially with a child.

Yes this is my reasoning too. Vientiane is also a nice laid back city that is easy to get around. 

UPDATE: Successfully got the visa. Whole process was nice and streamlined. Between dropping off the paperwork and picking up the visa the next day, I spent about 45 minutes at the embassy in total. Bank Statement was asked for, however no specific amount was requested. It was looked at very briefly by the IO. I had about 70k in the account, showing monthly deposits over the past 6 months. I am not sure if a 6 month bank statement is required, but I'm sure it helps. Overall, quick and easy process.