Thaniya Golf Plaza closing?

chingmai331

Have heard this rumor, and i hope it's 'fake news'.

Does anyone have up-to-date and accurate info on the imminent closing of the Thaniya Golf Plaza in Si Lom, Bangkok?

And if you have been there recently, are discounts offered on golf stuff at various shops?  Of course i need new gear but can't find the top dollar so promos and closing-out sales are welcome.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:34 AM, azt219 said:

Was there yesterday, some sale but no more than usual.

No closing down vibe.

Oh really?

So was I more then half the golf stores are gone.

One floor no golf stores. And lots of "closeout" pricing.

Looks like it is closing or having new tenants to me.

Newer camera shops, art shops, card shops taken over for golf.

Edited by bkk6060

And the answer is - Yes it is definitely closing, in March.

I was there this afternoon (Sunday), and asked a lady who runs one of the stalls that I have known for a few years. She said there will still be selling going on in February, but not much in March.

Some of the shops are closing completely but some are moving to a new building close by. Its up the far end of Soi Thaniya and turn right apparently, just on Rama IV. Not quite so convenient for the skytrain/MRT, but still OK I guess.

Three floors are still pretty much as I remember, although with a lot of sales going on.

Steve

17 minutes ago, stbkk said:

And the answer is - Yes it is definitely closing, in March.

I was there this afternoon (Sunday), and asked a lady who runs one of the stalls that I have known for a few years. She said there will still be selling going on in February, but not much in March.

Some of the shops are closing completely but some are moving to a new building close by. Its up the far end of Soi Thaniya and turn right apparently, just on Rama IV. Not quite so convenient for the skytrain/MRT, but still OK I guess.

Three floors are still pretty much as I remember, although with a lot of sales going on.

Steve

Wow. Thank you for the update. This has been a wonderful resource for equipment and apparel for golfers in Bangkok for years. It’ll be missed.

36 minutes ago, topt said:

Did you notice any particular good prices on gloves/shoes/apparel by any chance? 

I wasn't looking for shoes or clothes to be honest, but there were lots of sales on pretty much everything as far as I could tell. Some shops/stalls were discounting a lot, and some nothing at all, so if you go and look I'd expect you to find some deals.

• Thanks 1