Two year old boy killed in mass shooting at Lopburi shopping mall

webfact

1 hour ago, sharecropper said:

That's what I thought too - a soldier or other services 'professional'.

Quite. And display of apparent 'confidence' is another pointer to experience too. To have killed a two year old shows that no one is safe from this maniac. My condolences to the families of the dead.

• Like 1

Three killed, four injured in Lopburi gold heist

By THE NATION

800_d9b28d82691a5cd.png?v=1578621414

Three people were killed and four injured when a lone gunman fired bullets to rob a goldsmith's shop in Lopburi province.

Deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Krisana Pattanajaroen announced on Thursday (January 9) evening that the armed robbery took place at a goldsmith's shop in Robinson Department Store in Muang district.

76b5b6cbejg5cbaakjiaa.jpg

“The lone gunman is presumably a male, who wore camouflaged pants, a black long-sleeve shirt, and a black ski mask,” he said. “He fired from an unidentified gun at security guards and bystanders before grabbing the gold and fleeing on a motorcycle identified as a red-and-white Yamaha Fino.”

8bacek7b57adk88b5i8fa.jpg

The police spokesman said the shooting killed one male and one female, while a boy who was shot in the head was rushed to Meuangrai hospital but died later. Two males and two females sustained injuries from gunshots and are being treated at the same hospital.

“The police are investigating the scene, looking at CCTV footage as well as estimating the value of the gold that was robbed,” he added.

According to the spokesman, the National Police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda has ordered officers in Lopburi and nearby provinces to pursue the suspect and widen the search areas to cover every possible escape route. “This case is now top priority as it has shocked the public. Officers have been instructed to use utmost caution as the suspect possesses dangerous firearms. Use of lethal force is allowed if necessary.”

“People with any information about the suspect, can call police hotline 191 or 1599 at anytime,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380347

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So it takes a military trained person to shoot a gun?  Wrong!!  It takes a military training to know a shatterproof glass jewelry case can handle a small persons weight?  No.  Long pistol probably a silencer.  Guns and silencers not hard to make.  

This guy had a plan   to shoot the guards. 2 would not have mattered.  Also Planned to Shoot a few customers then he would get his 2 minute time to load up on gold.  Gold up 8% in the last week.  Thai poor are rising up.  Of they didnt catch the big joke car shooters who says they can catch this guy.  He probably  used a stolen bike and did a switch where no CCTV.   Maybe even cut many CCTV  wires  before this crime.  He needs a painful slow death.  RIP.    Thailand,  a great place to shop. 

I was certainly surprised when I first came to Thailand to see the lack of physical security both in banks and high value retailers like gold shops and jewellers. Open counters are the norm.

Banks especially carry vast sums of cash unlike the West where  payments have moved online. With the easy availability of all sorts of firearms, serious drug problems and lax security, my only surprise should be why more incidents like this don't happen. 

Why would the foreigner be treated any different from any other who was a victim of violence or stupidity?

he or she will be held accountable for whatever bills he accumulates...

therefore, health insurance comes into play...

the poster who criticized needs to retract their irrational remark...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elkski said:

So it takes a military trained person to shoot a gun?  Wrong!!  It takes a military training to know a shatterproof glass jewelry case can handle a small persons weight?  No.  Long pistol probably a silencer.  Guns and silencers not hard to make.  

This guy had a plan   to shoot the guards. 2 would not have mattered.  Also Planned to Shoot a few customers then he would get his 2 minute time to load up on gold.  Gold up 8% in the last week.  Thai poor are rising up.  Of they didnt catch the big joke car shooters who says they can catch this guy.  He probably  used a stolen bike and did a switch where no CCTV.   Maybe even cut many CCTV  wires  before this crime.  He needs a painful slow death.  RIP.    Thailand,  a great place to shop. 

So what is the silencer for then? He thought nobody was going to hear the gun shots?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why the video game reference been proven that video games don't make people shoot other the access to guns is a bigger reason.

I never said video games make people violent.

I'm saying cartoonish video that that shows people and children getting killed undermines the whole violent act. 

This was no botched robbery, I've seen the CCTV footage. The guy had no reason to shoot the baby, the customers, security or staff. He was totally unopposed. He shot the customers as he was approaching the shop.

No, this guy just wanted to murder people during the robbery plane and simple. And the baby? Just a totally senseless and evil killing. This guy needs to suffer for a long time.

• Like 2

Yes, this video should make you upset.

There is a lot of evil in this world, and it's up to us to be nice and add a little good to offset such hatred.  

Try this experiment.....give someone a 20 baht tip for no reason.  They will smile, and you will smile.  

• Like 2

It is just plain crazy there are no armed guards in the large malls but even crazier are the money delivery guys who also have no guns.  Considering there could be 50 million baht on board some of the money vans it's a tempting target for some criminals. I think we all know why they are unarmed.