Korat: Thai man arrested on attempted murder charge eight years after shooting in Bangkok

webfact

Korat: Thai man arrested on attempted murder charge eight years after shooting in Bangkok

9pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Thai police arrested a 45 year old man at a market in Muang district of Nakhon Ratchasima yesterday just over 8 years after he allegedly shot at a group of men eating at a restaurant in Bang Na, south east of Bangkok. 

Thamrong was named in a warrant for attempted murder and weapons possession issued by the Phrakhanong court in August 2013. After the warrant was issued he disappeared.  

The warrant came after a shooting on December 28th 2011 at a restaurant in Soi Phian Phan in Bang Na. 

It is alleged that Thamrong used a shotgun to fire into a group of men including someone named only as "F".

Thamrong denies attempted murder. He said that he was attacked first in a fist fight and seeing as he is only a small guy he used a gun to defend himself. 

He was taken back to Bang Na police station. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-10
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that he was attacked first in a fist fight and seeing as he is only a small guy he used a gun to defend himself

At only 5' 6" myself I am going to watch this story closely to see if I can use it too one day - if needs be.

As for 8 years to find him ? Should have just declared he won some lottery money and he'd have been at the office within 24 hours

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that he was attacked first in a fist fight and seeing as he is only a small guy he used a gun to defend himself. 

like, he either had a shotgun in his pocket,
or went home and came back to defend himself aka release his anger over being beating up.

Edited by KKr

A shotgun, being quite large and a close quarters weapon was not on his person at the time he was beaten up?

Does possession of a shotgun in this country require a licence of some kind? Was he licenced to possess such a weapon? Too buy it and ammunition? To carry it in a public place? 

He was allegedly attacked first in a fist fight, and seeing he is only a small guy, he used a gun to defend himself.

The defence angle fails, as he did not use the gun at the time of the alleged attack by fist fight. I suspect that the winner of said alleged fist fight would have removed the shotgun from this guy's possession quick smart.