Restaurant Recommendations

lannarebirth

My doctor friend in Bangkok has been given the use of his hospitals condo in Hua Hin for Songkran week and has invited me down for the week. I'd like to reciprocate his generosity where I can and toward that end can anyone suggest some good restaurants in the area, preferrably seafood? There will be 8 of us including four children. Delicious food more important than atmosphere, but if both can be found in one place, so much the better. thanks in advance.

try a restaurant called "gin laeg".

its about 2 to 3 kms from the town centre , on the left hand side , on the road out to kao takiap. its well known and anybody will direct you.

a tall sign in thai will identify the place for you , its thai food , southern cooking , good seafood and good southern style local dishes. thai prices and informal garden setting. better to go early on holidays and weekends , as it is popular and fills up.

another good restaurant is "baan isara" on naebkaehart rd., near the kings palace.

its an old wooden house on the beach converted into a restaurant.

good food , but pricier that "gin laeg"

Edited by taxexile

• 6 months later...
My doctor friend in Bangkok has been given the use of his hospitals condo in Hua Hin for Songkran week and has invited me down for the week. I'd like to reciprocate his generosity where I can and toward that end can anyone suggest some good restaurants in the area, preferrably seafood? There will be 8 of us including four children. Delicious food more important than atmosphere, but if both can be found in one place, so much the better. thanks in advance.

One of our favourite restaurants is the Nog Mai it serves Thai food including seafood. It is off the beaten path so it can be hard to find. Coming into Hua Hin from Cha Am on Phetchakaseem Road turn right at the first set of lights this puts you on Chomsi Road follow this road you will cross the railway tracks go about another 500 meters then turn right this will put you on Highway 3218 which is the road to Palu-u waterfall. The Nong Mai is about 1 kilometer down this road on the right. Across from the high school. It's best if you have a Thai with you to order as their English menu is not the same as the Thai one.

try a restaurant called "gin laeg".

its about 2 to 3 kms from the town centre , on the left hand side , on the road out to kao takiap. its well known and anybody will direct you.

a tall sign in thai will identify the place for you , its thai food , southern cooking , good seafood and good southern style local dishes. thai prices and informal garden setting. better to go early on holidays and weekends , as it is popular and fills up.

another good restaurant is "baan isara" on naebkaehart rd., near the kings palace.

its an old wooden house on the beach converted into a restaurant.

good food , but pricier that "gin laeg"

just come back and thought baan isara was exceptional.Very lucky because we were staying at a hotel called Dune and this was just about the nearest restaurant so thought we would give it a go.lets sea was also very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Favourite restaurants? For Thai I like Let's Sea, for Italian Mamma Mia (but the newly opened Roccia on Petchkasem near Market Village is very good and coming on fast), for French La Paillotte is hard to beat...the duck is the best I've ever had in Thailand. For Mediterranean China White, now more than a bar with a first class restaurant with a farang chef. The list goes on and on...more great places opening all the time. In Khao Takiab check out Papa John's for great seafood.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend had a great sunday roast at a new english pub by fishermans warf called the buffalo tavern... washed down witha couple of pints of john smith bitter.. have to give them there due it was fantastic,,like being back in blighty for a few hours...well recomended cant wait till next week..i for one will make it a sunday pilgrimidge. :o ..great friendly staff and a nice crowd of expats and tourists.