I need to rent a 1br condo until mid June - help!

INANIMATECARBONROD

I'm very green when it comes to renting in Pattaya, although I have visited the city many times. My wife and I are hoping to find a 1 bedroom condo to rent for the next 5 months and have been overwhelmed with the selection/availability of them online. 

We enjoy walking around/eating/drinking in the Central Pattaya area (Soi Buakao and surrounding sois especially), so we want to be close to that or at least able to easily take songtaos to and from this area. It seems like Jomtien and North Pattaya are where the 'nicest' condos are, but which ones just look good and which ones actually are good? Are there some good places right near buakao? 

We've been told that it is easy to get to and from Buakao from Jomtien/North Pattaya via Songtoa.... Is this true? Our budget is in the 15,000b range, but less is always better. No kids, so no need for kids care/entertainment. 

I'd just like to hear what some of the experienced folks on the forum think about this. Any guidance is appreciated. Any buildings in particular to recommend? Also, can prices be negotiated given the vast number of vacant units there are in town? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

20 minutes ago, INANIMATECARBONROD said:

We enjoy walking around/eating/drinking in the Central Pattaya area (Soi Buakao and surrounding sois especially), so we want to be close to that or at least able to easily take songtaos to and from this area.

I love this area too. Please provide some more details about your sexual proclivities/interests and how you and your partner identify so I can narrow down my recommendations.

• Haha 2

The Base is in a good location but, unless you must have a seaview, you might avoid it as it is overrun with daily renters.  At 1200 units it is quite large and some have described it in negative terms with the daily renter problem. It pains me to give it a possible thumbs down as I used to own a condo there.  Perhaps if you are only renting for 6 months  and want a seaview it might be ok.  If you can get by with no seaview, you might check Grand Avenue as an alternative, a new project in the same area.  At 788 units it is smaller and some of the units are not yet sold or occupied so you should be renting at a good time with everything new.

The website Hipflat is a good place to get information on projects and you can search specific areas of Pattaya. The Base and Grand Avenue are both listed under 'South Pattaya' on Hipflat.  A quick search of Hipflat brings up several units at Grand Avenue in the 15,000 baht range.  There are a number of other low-rise projects in the area that are also listed on Hipflat.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newnative said:

The Base is in a good location but, unless you must have a seaview, you might avoid it as it is overrun with daily renters.  At 1200 units it is quite large and some have described it in negative terms with the daily renter problem. It pains me to give it a possible thumbs down as I used to own a condo there.  Perhaps if you are only renting for 6 months  and want a seaview it might be ok.  If you can get by with no seaview, you might check Grand Avenue as an alternative, a new project in the same area.  At 788 units it is smaller and some of the units are not yet sold or occupied so you should be renting at a good time with everything new.

The website Hipflat is a good place to get information on projects and you can search specific areas of Pattaya. The Base and Grand Avenue are both listed under 'South Pattaya' on Hipflat.  A quick search of Hipflat brings up several units at Grand Avenue in the 15,000 baht range.  There are a number of other low-rise projects in the area that are also listed on Hipflat.  Good luck. 

Great info, thanks for your help! 

What's the name of the big white condo building beside Central Festival? What's its reputation like? 

6 minutes ago, INANIMATECARBONROD said:

What's the name of the big white condo building beside Central Festival?

VT6, personally would spend my money there rather than the Base.

Edited by Salerno

2 hours ago, INANIMATECARBONROD said:

Great info, thanks for your help! 

What's the name of the big white condo building beside Central Festival? What's its reputation like? 

As already answered, View Talay 6.  Good location but short on amenities.  Small pool for the number of units.  Don't know its current reputation.  If you are going that far north, you might consider Centric Sea, also on Pattaya 2nd Road.  I don't think it has the number of daily renters as The Base and seems to be making more of an effort to get rid of them. They've posted a sign out front that the daily renters are banned from the 2 sky pools.  There are 3 pools in total and 3 gyms, as well.  Also sky lounges, sauna, etc.  I would choose Centric Sea over VT6 if you are considering that area.  Seaview units available on the higher floors.