OA Visa 1 year Extenstion "Stamp" and 1 Year Extenstion of Stay

Looking for those who have real first hand "Experience" after October 31st 2019 - "Not" hear say or Thai Immigration Policy Letters that give mixed information. 

Background: I came to Thailand on November 7th 2019. My OA Visa was dated September 6th 2019. So, I was allowed entry into Thailand without having to Provide a Foreign Medical Certificate or proof I had Medical Insurance.

Question # 1: Will I have to prove or get Medical Insurance when it is time to get my Extention of Stay "Stamp"?  My understanding with the OA Visa I can leave country a few days before the Visa date Expires then re-enter Thailand and immigration will automatically just stamp me for one more year.

Will immigration require me to have or show proof of insurance at this time?

My understanding is that since I am on a 1 Year Stay Entry Stamp at this time I will also need to get a re-entry permit every time I leave Thailand during my final year on an OA Extention Stamp.

Question #2: My other question is when I finally get to Year 3 and want to get an offical  Extenstion of Stay will I need to prove insurance at this time? Remember I came into Thailand on an OA Visa November 7th 2019 but my OA Visa was dated / approved on Septermber 6th 2019 from the US Thai Consulate. No need for insurance was requirement because the new immigration policy came into effect OCT 31 2019.
Show less

• Sad 1

You will not need to worry about extensions or insurance until almost 2 years from the date your OA visa was issued.

You will not need a re-entry -permit until your OA visa expires or is near to expiring if you will be doing an entry after it expires.

• Thanks 1

I have an O-A with similar dates.  I recently left and returned to Thailand and got a new permission to stay date without issue or insurance questions.  However, when you actually apply for an "extension", when your permission to stay expires, you will most likely have to show insurance although I personally have not gotten to that point myself.  Multiple people have reported that they have been required to get insurance when applying for an extension (TM7).

My Husband has a non O-A multiple entry permit to stay based on retirement that is due for renewal in June 2020 was stopped at SUV immigration.  He was questioned about having health insurance after a while he produced a health insurance card from Myanmar.  Eventually they let him in perhaps because I came to see why it was taking so long, who knows.  This was Mid December.  He now has an acceptable Thai policy as he doesn’t want to be denied entry following a visit to the UK later this month.