Soi Siam Country Club

raro

About 2 or 3 km from Sukhumvit Road the road caved in over night. Driving to work I saw construction workers already starting to fix it (I call this good news...). The same spot was actually under construction just a couple of weeks ago.

The concrete was about 15 cm thick and underneath a cavity of at least half a meter deep. Looks like a truck ran over it and the concrete collapsed.

Now what makes me really worried is...this is not a pot holes that gradually deepens, this one came without warning, making driving at night an even bigger challenge...

I think they did repairs at that junction about 5 times in the last 3 months!

They simply keep on repairing, without taking away the cause. There's natural flow of water there, and as long as they don't put a big concrete pipe under, the water will keep on taking the sand away under the road...

They do seem to be fixing this stretch of road all the time.

I asked my GF why they can't fix it properly the first time, she said it's because then they'd only get paid one time,Thai logic.

I've noticed that the sheets of reinforcing are so thin that they are actually come rolled up, they look about 3 or 4 mm in thickness as opposed to the 10mm stuff we used to use for driveways in the yUK.

The so called reinforcing is also laid flat onto the ground rather than put on blocks so it sets in the middle of the concrete.

I wonder if the day will ever come when these companies have to guarentee their works for a set time ? :o

They do seem to be fixing this stretch of road all the time.

I asked my GF why they can't fix it properly the first time, she said it's because then they'd only get paid one time,Thai logic.

I've noticed that the sheets of reinforcing are so thin that they are actually come rolled up, they look about 3 or 4 mm in thickness as opposed to the 10mm stuff we used to use for driveways in the yUK.

The so called reinforcing is also laid flat onto the ground rather than put on blocks so it sets in the middle of the concrete.

I wonder if the day will ever come when these companies have to guarentee their works for a set time ? :o

Driving round there last night and nearly went for a Burton down one, those construction workers on the lake need to take a day off and sort these out once and for all

After yesterday's heavy rain the regular potholes also deepend again...and there's another crack just 50 m further down the road from the big hole.

I hope when the highway comes they will fix this road once and for ever...dreaming, am I?